Chapter 3>Investigation

Camilla Dalton

Who left this here?

I surely didn't.

How did it get here?

I don't know.

All this questions and no answer.

Why me?

Stop asking question, Camilla.

I turn back to my seat, holding the steering wheel. It's nothing. Just a silly little prank. You shouldn't make a scene about it.

Then why do I feel so unsafe?

My car speeds on the highway while I'm calling Carmen. If she doesn't answer I will personally rip her hair off

"Camilla?", she asks surprised.

"Finally. Carmen, please tell me you left a note in the backseat of my car."

"I didn't. What note are you talking about? Are you okay?", she asks concerned.

"Shit. Can I come to your place real quick?", I sigh.

"Uhm. I'm actually with someone right now... I can call you when I get home."

"Okay nevermind. "

"Well, by-", she tries to say but I close the call.

If Carmen didn't left the note here, then who? She's the only one who stayed in my car since I bought it.

I arrive home and lock the door. Relax

                              ***

Here I am, in my bed after I did all the possible things to forget it. Took a shower, did my skincare routine, washed the dishes, everything. Well I can watch a movie until I fall asleep.

Romance movies are the best to watch when I feel scared. They comfort me in the nicest way possible.

*knock knock*

You gotta be shitting me right now.

I ain't opening the front door. Never. The blood races in my body like a formula 1 race while my heart beats faster.

Okay Camilla, what do we do in this fucking situation?

We will go to the door and see who it is. Now be that strong woman you always dreamed about.

As I get out of my bed the cold stings my feet. Where did I left my slippers?

*knock knock*

I freeze. What do we do now? It's currently 3 am and someone's beating at my door. I'm going to have a migraine from all the stress I've accumulated in the past 6 hours.

Here I am in the kitchen, freezing cause I still didn't find my fucking slippers. I managed to built up courage to get outside of my room. Where is that gun?

What are you staring at..? Of course I have a gun. I live in the centre of New York City. Plus my job.

*knock knock*

You know what? Screw it. I'm going right now and beat the shit out of that person with my slipper that I don't have. Who the fuck are you to interrupt my romance film?

Okay well, I think the tequila kicked in.

*knock knock*
*phone rings*

I pick up my phone and it's Carmen.