Chapter 12

Abubakar's POV

Married life with Madina has not been as difficult as I thought it would be. She understands that I love my space and hates it when my privacy is being invaded.

And she respects that a lot.

I don't know what's happening to me but since the night she cooked for me, I saw her in a different way. I mean not all women can do that to their stranger - husband.

Everytime she's taking her bath, I hear her cry. I know it is because of Malik but I can't do anything about that.

I have decided to forget Mariya completely, but she's not making it easy for me as she kept calling me lately.

Yesterday, I went back home in a very bad mood because my good for nothing assistant made a mistake and ended up messing with my schedule.

Running a company is not easy at all and a lazy and ignorant assistant is the last thing you need as a CEO. A busy one at that.

I think I need to dismiss her today because I am fed up with her nonsense.

So when I went back home and met Aisha, my mood changed immediately. I didn't know when I started imagining my family, Madina, my kids and I running around and playing together.

I won't lie, I love kids and I will love to have plenty of them around me.

I don't know what came over me but I couldn't help but kiss Madina this morning. I won't lie she's beautiful, religious and calm, plus she's extremely hardworking. Though she tries to pretend to be a strong person, I know she's isn't that strong.

She's broken, that fucker broke her heart and it won't be easy for her to move on and I get it. I know how it feels. I have been through that.

That is a story for another day.

Since I came to my office, I have been thinking about her and that's it, I know I've started falling for her. Well it's easy to do so. We live in the same house, eat together and sleep on the same bed.

I hope she reciprocates this feelings that have started growing in my heart.

"Sir, it's time for the meeting with Anderson's Group." My new assistant said through the intercom pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Thank you Dahir. I will be out in a minute." I replied back.

I took the files I needed and went straight to the conference room with Dahir behind me.

I hired him this morning when he came looking for a job and it's so funny how Diana, my other assistant isn't here yet.

I think I will just ask Dahir to send her a dismissal letter. I can't deal with her.

I greeted and shook hands with the CEO of the group and we settled down. The meeting started but my mind was somewhere with someone else.

After 4 hours, we finished the meeting and I went back to my office. Since I don't have anything to do for the rest of the day, I decided to go back home and spend the rest of the day with my wife.

That was when I remembered she asked to go to her parents house.

I called her to ask if she's home yet and she sounded surprised that I called. Nonetheless, she answered saying she went back home an hour ago.

I know I can't escape from this, so it's better I accept it and start looking for ways to mend her heart and make her like me.

One of the ways is spending time with her.

I entered my car and drive out of my private parking lot and into the street.

I reached home 30 minutes later and packed my car outside. I used my keys to open the door and I went in. I heard noises in the kitchen, so I decided to go there.

"Yayyyyy, you are back uncle." Aisha ran to hug me and, I carried her up and twirled her around.

I don't know what this girl has done to me but believe me. I love her so much.

"Hey wifey" I said to my wife as she looked everywhere but me.

Maybe she's still shy from what happened in the morning.

This is just the beginning wifey.

..............................................................
That's it for chapter 12 lovelies!
Afiruwa66 thank you so much for the sweet comments and also thanks danumarwein123  for the votes.
Thanks to my silent readers too but please try to vote to keep your girl going.
Also please share this story so that others can check it out.
Tell me what you think about this chapter in the comments section.
Love you ❤️❤️❤️❤️