PONY

10th October.

•••••••

"I just want that candy. Nothing else. I really don't know why everyone is making a big deal out of this!"

"Neila, dear, we just want you to be happy."
Her mum reached out to pat her head.

"The cotton candy WILL make me happy!"

"But you want it up here. In your room. Not in some nice restaurant or, or the park at least. You don't want to come out to celebrate."
The poor woman sounded almost miserable.

"Exactly mum. I like it here. Aren't you guys supposed to be happy I'm not asking for more?"

"That's the deal pup, you should be asking for something bigger. A trip, a porsche, heck even a pony!" Her dad joined in from the door.

"Goodness gracious!" She heaved, getting off the bed to pace.

"Aren't you guys supposed to be happy I'm not asking for such things?" It was her turn to sound almost miserable.

"Well honey," her mother answered, "You're turning eighteen, no we shouldn't be happy you're not asking for such things."

She said it so gently, Neila almost started feeling guilty.

She gave her mum the stink eye, pausing for a moment. Her father chuckled.

But before either of them could say anything, there was a crash and a call from downstairs.

"Neil!"

♪♪♪♪♪♪

Hellooo!

Psalm 29:11
The Lord will give [unyielding and impenetrable] strength to His people; the Lord will bless His people with peace.

❤️♥️❤️♥️❤️♥️