𝟭𝟮

★。+゚☆ Brooklyn ☆゚+。★

The whole day I avoided Jonathan as soon as I saw him, which thank God didn't happen often. During recess, I looked for Chris to ask him if he had understood everything in math, but I didn't find him. He wasn't sitting with his brothers and he wasn't sitting at the lacrosse table either.

When I walked back to the classroom, I saw him in the hallway with Hayley Montgomery. She looked at him like he was God himself and leaned against the locker like she had with me this morning. Was she one of his girls? And why was I so surprised that he was talking to her, he was a player. What did I expect.

And there was this feeling that I didn't like. I can't describe it but it was not a nice feeling. And it made me mad. And yet I had to remind myself that I had no right to feel that way, not for him.

Before I didn't care if he met one girl after another and now being one of them made me angry because I didn't want to be just one of those girls.

I walked past the two of them and she was wrapping a strand of hair around her finger while he looked at me. I forced a smile even though I didn't feel like it.

I couldn't concentrate in biology class after that, which upset me. Chris got on my nerves by talking to others, by complimenting me all the time, by saying things that made me wonder if I didn't like him a little bit, and by somehow not annoying me at all.

After the lesson I walked to my car. And I was surprised when someone was standing there waiting for me. Jonathan.

"Hey" he said and raised his hand as a gesture to say hello. I looked at him critically and pretended to be surprised that he was waiting for me. "Hello?" I said and stopped.

"You must be wondering what I'm doing here." He stated. "Uh, yes." I said. He came up to me with a funny grin.

"First, I want to ask you a question."
"Okay?" I had the whole day to prepare myself metal for this moment and still I feel somehow... small with him, with Chris I never had that.

"You and Chris...is there something going on?" he asked and stopped in front of me, too close for my taste. I laughed. "Oh no."

"But he likes you, doesn't he?" he asked.
"He's your buddy, that's more of a question you should be asking him, isn't it?"
"So he likes you." He said confidently.

"I DIDN'T SAY THAT." I said sourly.
"And based on your reaction, you've just given me confirmation."

Damn, he was smart. And it got on my nerves that he got the answer out of me so easily. But actually, I didn't know for sure if Chris liked me, I just assumed he did.

"So, do you like him?" he asked and grinned. "Why do you ask?" I wanted to know.
"Because I want to know how my changen are with you." He said honestly and I raised my eyebrows.

I didn't expect such honesty. And actually he didn't look bad, he was tall, had brown teddy eyes and very blond hair. But I remembered what Chris told me: 'say no'.

But he didn't give me a reason. Doesn't he want me to meet someone else?

If I had asked Chris not to flirt with Hayley, would he have let it go? Would he have let it go if I really asked him to? No, never. Did he want me for himself? So he could say he could control me?

"How should I interpret your silence?" Jonathan pulled me out of my thoughts.
"I don't know what your chances are, I don't know you." I said and he grinned wider.

"Would you like to find out what your chances are?" he asked me and everything in me screamed not to do it, but I shrugged my shoulders.
"Why not?" I said and he took out his smartphone.