Truth (pt. 2)

The words caused the young Prince to shudder, like his father had attempted to slash him with his sword. The King led them back out and around to see the tree more clearly.

It was old with a single hollow in its' trunk where a small urn was nestled. They could see that their were orangy blossoms amongst the leaves, adding to its' bloody and fiery appearance. The young Prince felt a twinge in his Soul, a type of calm and fear sweeping through him, so he held his brothers' arm for comfort.

"This is where you will be laid. You are not a true King, but a curse, a blight known as the Suicide King. Your lineage is long, but your existence is short. You live only to die, to serve your soul to your King and give him a full life."

Both Princes turned wide, worried eyes to the King. Live to die? The little Prince felt his heart thudding lower in his chest, sick to his stomach. The King continued:

"You steal the years from your brother and return them when you kill yourself. You instincts have always been there, guiding you to do it; you will resist, for a time, but you will eventually give in."

The staring at objects was not innocent: a pencil could stab, he could fall from a window or cut himself with the glass... even the sword was a means to the end. His silence as a baby was protest of life, to be neglected and unburdening. He could die at any moment--

"You're wrong, Father."

The Heir glared at his father, who was neither startled or surprised.

"He is going to live! He is going to be safe! I promised!"
"Then, you are a fool."

The King moved off to leave the Memorial Gardens, his sons less inclined to follow him and taking a different way. The moment father was out of sight, the young Prince began to cry, scared and heartbroken at a horrible fate he had to endure. His brother held him and promised him, calming his fears and worries.

"I'll look after you, I promised that years ago. You're going to be happy, just like me!"