Enough

It had been days.

DAYS!

There was no end to this and it was taking a toll.

The White Kings' mind was in deadly turmoil, craving sweet release that only a knife or rope could provide. He had tried, but everyone stopped him, even his own staff. Could he not have some form of peace in his own home?
No... this wasn't his home, this was a prison. It belonged to the King of Clubs and he was just another prisoner again, degraded and used worse than the tankards and cutlery.
A week of this, being alone and hurt, then he would be paraded in public again, used as a tool to keep the people in line, to show them that they were conquered. The White King was too afraid to fight back anymore, lest the King of Clubs use him more.

He was rough and delighted in hurting.

He stood behind the King of Clubs, hesitant to enter the Great Hall and be seen by so many, used as a tool. The King of Clubs strode out first, proud of is conquest, but the White King did not follow - he was hesitating greatly, wanting to run away - and that is when the people stepped in for their King.

They swamped the space between the Kings, fighting the guards and letting the King run.

He tore off his heavy cape and dashed through hallways and entrances, finding his Tower and begging the staff for the key he needed most: HIS key! He locked the Towers' main door and fell against the door, chest heaving with strain and overwhelming fears.

What had he just done?

What had they done?

Did it matter?

He was safe in here, locked tightly in with his things and his room - this was the only place he knew that was truly safe. Years of his life spent here without fear and the outside world, just his books and his view of the castle grounds.

He could hear them outside, shouting and trying to find the other key, but it would be some time before then.

Even if they did get in, his room had only one key and it was in his hands now. He was safe in his room, in his tower, and no King was going to take it away again.