Project Partner -Danielle

-Before you dive into this, I want to let you know that this oneshot is Part 02 of my other NewJeans book titled 'Just NewJeans', that Part called 'Project Partners and Playful Plots'

-Before you dive into this, I want to let you know that this oneshot is Part 02 of my other NewJeans book titled 'Just NewJeans', that Part called 'Project Partners and Playful Plots'. If you haven't had a chance to read that, you can check it out if you'd like. I put my best efforts into writing this part, and I hope you enjoy it!-

-Third Person Pov-

-

-

-

-

You and Danielle Marsh found yourselves in the cozy confines of her living room for the project of Mr.choi gave, the ambiance hinting at an unexpected layer of shyness in her. It took you by surprise; Danielle Marsh, the epitome of confidence, revealed a more reserved side after her friends playfully teased both of you.

Your attention fixated on her; she was undeniably pretty. A peculiar fluttering sensation in your stomach lingered, a mysterious reaction to the banter with her friends.

You couldn't help but gaze at her, and she sensed it. Her eyes met yours, and with a hint of nervousness, she broke the silence.

"Hey... Y/n-ssi?" she called out, her voice betraying a surprising vulnerability. You cleared your throat, caught off guard.

"Sorry if I make you uncomfortable," you managed to say, attempting to redirect your focus to the task at hand.

To your surprise, she responded, "No, you can stare at me anytime you want. Haha, it's not a problem!" Her voice carried nervous energy, and her cheeks blushed a shade of red.

Confusion set in. Why was she being so kind? The thought lingered as you grappled with your own internal turmoil.

As you left her house and returned home, the atmosphere shifted. Your mom and your lively sister, Hyein, welcomed you. Hyein, sprawled on the couch watching a cartoon, couldn't resist a teasing comment.

"Seems like Lee Y/n came back after their date with my pretty friend Danielle Marsh," she remarked, rolling her eyes.

"Shut up, kid," you retorted, heading to the kitchen to grab a glass of water.

"DON'T CALL ME A KID!!" Hyein's protest echoed from the living room, underscoring the sibling banter.

Upon your return, Hyein, engrossed in her phone, looked up.

"Dani unnie messaged me. She told you to message her after you get home... WHY DIDN'T YOU DO THAT!?" she inquired with a big pouty look, her curiosity demanding a detailed explanation.

"Oh, I forgot... she messaged you?" you asked your sister, realizing the oversight.

Hyein nodded, "Yeah. She was making sure you get home all safe. What a kind unnie!"

Entering your room, you pulled out your phone and noticed messages from Danielle Marsh. A wave of realization hit you; you felt foolish for forgetting to message her.