A Summary Of Their Future

The years went by quickly, the dreams were no longer a thing of terror but more of a positive thing. Some dreams were reoccurring, involving Carina's mama or brother, and they always were about the big changes in our lives. Her mama and brother celebrated with us when Carina gave birth to both of our children. I just wish Carina could have been there, inside my head to see the proud looks and the tears in their eyes.

I never ended up telling the team about the dreams that they were involved in. The ones with Andy and Vic were a lapse in my judgement but I know on some level that they needed to hear the things I'd told them. I haven't seen them since Leo's birth, and I don't necessarily want to but there is always a chance with my job which I've accepted.

Isabella, now seven, has flourished into this little ballerina who is obsessed with cats and her little brother. She has ballet recitals every month and you can well-believe that I am at each one filming and if I had to admit it, I probably cry at each. She's insanely intelligent and takes after her mama in that sense, she wants to help people, but firefighting is too scary and being a doctor is too boring according to her.

Leo on the other hand, now five, has become a little monster whose current life goal is to make our life hell. He's intelligent but not so much academically and I guess he gets that from me. Dinosaurs is his thing; his toys are littered everywhere in the house, and he makes a point of putting them in unsuspecting places like our shoes.

Carina's clinic flourished, with 'Deluca Clinics' opening all over the state, and has been awarded as a place of safety for women. The clinics are huge, but they don't feel like a hospital, they're warm and calm and Carina makes a point on keeping it that way. I guess, her time working in Grey-Sloan showed her every part of the job including how much an environment can control decisions and emotions. At the start of the clinic, she worked long hours every day which started causing a bit of a strain on our relationship and the kids which is where my career change began.

I'm still a chief, but I've moved up the ladder even more. I'm now the chief of Seattle, I've achieved the goal that I wanted to achieve at the very start of my firefighting training. The job allows me even more freedom and definite safety within the job, it is very paperwork based but I love the order. Being the chief has allowed me to work just three days a week in the office, which means I can be as present as possible with my children. As Carina's clinics grew and improved, Carina was starting to also get the freedom she wanted, and our family needed. She started working three days as well, meaning that we had most of the week to ourselves, to our family.

Our family, something that is hold too close to my heart. Our family that only grew. After I'd become chief of Tacoma districts, we started looking into our family. Into potentially building our family, adding another addition. And that's what we did, we used my egg, but Carina carried. We welcomed our son just 6 months later, he spent a lot of time in the NICU but luckily had no long-term effects from being born so early. We called him Enzo Giacomo Deluca-Bishop, a ginger and green-eyed little boy. We were quite surprised by the bright red hair which essentially represented fire in the best way. Just like his older brother, spreading the toys everywhere is a mission that he takes seriously. He's into cars and loves to build imaginary tracks throughout the house, all of which has ended up with the finish line being in a lasagne, well hidden and eventually melted when cooked. He never rests and running seems to be a thing he enjoys; he'll never be forced into it as a competitive sport even though he loves my gold medal. I think he only loves it because it's shiny, I don't think he quite understands the concept, just yet.

A forced death allows you to escape the pain, but it takes away the opportunity for the happiness or freedom you could miss. Life is worth living, those dreams just cemented the idea.