Chapter 5

The ride back home was.. awkward. Jennie has no idea what just happened and honestly she doesn't even want to know what just transpired between the two of them.

It's not like they haven't kissed before, they have done far worse, inappropriate things. A kiss is too friendly at this point, but the kiss they just shared is anything but.

Even with the music on full volume Jennie can hear the silence, and it's not helping that Lisa is staring straight ahead for the past hour they have been in the car.

Jennie let out a loud sigh purposefully but Lisa still did not budge.

"Okay that's it!" Jennie finally said unable to handle this awkwardness anymore.

"What's wrong with you?" She asked the blonde turning her head completely to her side to show her seriousness.

"Nothing." Lisa did not even try to act like everything's okay which pissed the brunette off.

"No shit Lisa, what the fuck was that on the ferris wheel?"

Lisa pursed her lips still not looking at Jennie. "We kissed..?"

"Why are you acting like this is the first time we kissed or something? we literally had sex last night."

"Jennie can we please just not talk about it."

"But why!? you are making this whole thing weird Lis. We just fuck there is no romantic bullshit supposed to be involved. Don't tell me this wasn't a date. And the- the-"

"I am not making anything weird. You are the one overthinking! As you said this isn't the first time we kissed. So i don't know what exactly your problem is." Lisa tightened her grip on the steering wheel knowing full well what the "problem" is.

"You took me out on a date." Jennie gritted out.

"Yes and? cousins hangout all the time, nothing's wrong with a friendly date."

"Lisa I think I made it pretty clear since we started this whole charade that what we have is totally a physical thing and no emotions whatsoever are going to be involved, especially since I have a boyfriend." Lisa did not say anything for some time before quietly muttering.

"So if you didn't have a boyfriend..."

"No! stop going beside the point." Jennie groaned and kicked her feets like a kid throwing a tantrum.

Admist the rollercoaster of emotions she's going through, Lisa let out a smile at the sight.

The car slowly came to a stop a few blocks from Jennie's house. Jennie took her bag and tried to get out but the door was locked. As she was turning around Lisa abruptly pulled her in for a kiss. Jennie was stunned for a bit but returned the kiss just as passionately.

Before any wandering hands can go anywhere Lisa pulled back. Jennie sat there confused and dazed while Lisa got out and opened the door for her.

"I heard they kiss at the end of dates." Lisa grinned while Jennie just glared at her before stomping away, clearly still a bit dazed from the sudden kiss.

*****

It was Sunday which meant the cousins were hanging out just anywhere. Today they decided to chill at Jennie's. Of course not every one of them were there because they are not that jobless after all.

"Pass me the popcorn Tae." Lisa nudged the guy who groaned in protest. Joy passed it instead since it was in her hands.

Lisa along with Jisoo, V and Kai were playing in the Kim's main living room TV. Joy and Jennie were just sitting in the sofa scrolling through their phones.

"Why is Jennie here?" Lisa asked as she finished her game. V and Kai snickered at her question knowing Jennie was about to get pissed.

"Excuse me???" Jennie emphasised and rolled her eyes at her audacity.

"You’re literally in her house Lis." Joy replied with a giggle also enjoying Lisa's—as Jennie calls it 'disrespect'.

"Oh no i didn't mean it that way." Lisa held up her hands in mock innocence.

"Right, you cousin dearest was just worried about why 'minor' me is in the house at 8 in the night." Jennie kept her phone aside just to hand quote minor before holding it up again.

"Nah for real I was just wondering why are you as a girl with a boyfriend, at home in the weekend instead of going on a date. You know just worried since you are in your honeymoon phase and all that." Lisa locked eyes with Jennie as if to show her seriousness about being worried. For all Jennie knows she performs black magic at night to get them to break up.

"No one in their right mind goes on a date every freaking day. But of course what will you know of such things? All you know is how to get your dick in a hole." Jennie snapped when Lisa actually smirked at her with a look in her eyes as if reminding her of the day before.

"Ooooh Lis i say you shut up before jennie burns you beyond repair, getting roasted everyday isn't good for health." Jisoo slapped her back like she actually cared.

"Puh-lease that was a poor comeback anyway." Lisa shoved her hand away and turned to the screen obviously affected by what Jennie said.

After an hour or two the cousins went back to their places except Lisa who clang onto Jisoo like a monkey. The other siblings all went to their respective rooms.

"Ugh Lisa let go of me." Jisoo said trying to shake Lisa off of her, which did nothing but make the girl hold on tighter.

"Unnieeeee pleaseeee." Lisa whined like a spoiled child.

"Noooo I am not giving you my baby!" Jisoo stopped trying to shake her off and went on to try walking away.

As Lisa was taller and naturally heavier than her she lost balance and fell on the floor. Lisa tried to let go but Jisoo pulled her along making her fall atop her. They both groaned and Lisa hold her hand above Jisoo's head trying to stand up, when they heard a gasp. Lisa's head snapped to where the sound came from while Jisoo just pushed her cousin away not being able to breathe from her weight. 

"What are you two doing?" Jennie asked with her eyebrows up. Jisoo just stood up and shrugged.

"This monkey was not letting me go."

"Y-yeah." clearing her throat Lisa looked at Jisoo and said like she wasn't just whining, "just keep it to yourself."

Jisoo blinked in confusion and just glanced at the two before shrugging again. "Okay..? I'm going to my room then."

As soon as Jisoo was away Lisa started, "we just tripped, that's all."

"I did not even say anything." Jennie deadpanned and turned around to go to her original destination.

"Yeah but i saw the look." Lisa followed behind her.

"What look? I literally don't care who you have under you every other minute." Jennie continued her way to the kitchen.

"Not something someone who doesn't care would say." Lisa smugly replied liking the possibility of Jennie caring.

"Lisa you two are cousins stop being ridiculous." Jennie who was taking out milk from the fridge froze when she realised what she said. It was a slap to both their faces as silence fell over them after those words were spoken.

"Right, like what are the chances two cousins would be attracted to each other. Ridiculous." Lisa's chuckle was hollow and Jennie clenched her jaw not knowing why she was upset about what she herself said.

"I think it's time for you to go home Lisa." Jennie said taking her glass and leaving. This time Lisa did not go after her and stand there for a while before deciding to go back home.