The Chaotic Misfortune

~5 Years Later~

Ambrose's P.O.V.

'I'm so glad that the entity switched Athanasia and me back to our original bodies instead of staying in each other's for who knows how long,' I thought after training my mana and lying on the grass outside the back of Sapphire Palace. 'That entity even asked us to call him Argen.' 

Since Athanasia and I are five years old, we both agreed to give this life's Jennette a chance even though she will not be acknowledged as a member of the imperial family

Since Athanasia and I are five years old, we both agreed to give this life's Jennette a chance even though she will not be acknowledged as a member of the imperial family.  She can however prove she will not be like her mother and attempt to ruin the imperial family with her greed for power. 

As for Argen after switching us back to our bodies said that he needed to do some more research and he decided to put it on hold just for us. We are still waiting for his return since he said the research is very concerning with the balance of this world.  

However, some of my friends do not exist in this timeline, and that made me sad. Especially, when one of those friends had become my wife in the other timeline. Argen did however tell me they only exist as other people and not the people that had once been in this timeline, which brought me hope that I will still meet them once more. 

*Time-Skip*

Athanasia and I finally met to play after her mother-and-daughter time was finally over, and we were going to play hide and seek when I felt a presence that felt awful that it had made me bend over like I going to be sick. 

"Ames?" Athansia asked concerned not feeling the presence like I did. 

"Run!" I said after gaining back from the wave illness. "Run, Athy, to father and uncle."

"What?" Athy asked scared before I pushed her away from where she was standing when a hooded cloaked figure appeared and attempted to grab but grabbed me instead. 

"Quickly!!" I yelled out trying to get out of the figure's hold, who was now running. 

I watched as Athy ran as well even though she hesitated at first, but knew she was not strong enough to help me physically. As the figure got further away from Sapphire Palace I used my mana to get the unknown cloaked figure to let go, as well as to signal my location to father and uncle. 

The unknown cloaked figure did indeed let go, but before I  got up I noticed something about the figure, whose hood fell back that made me freeze in place. Their description matches similar to that of the history books before the empire became an empire, for their description is that of a demon.

 Their description matches similar to that of the history books before the empire became an empire, for their description is that of a demon