Chapter I

He made a double turn to check for sure if no one was watching, before slowly reaching towards his pocket to bring a small piece of paper.

I like you, do you wanna go on a date with me? 😊

Park Jisung

He smiled reading the text. That's the day, he finally will confess to his crush. To the boy who makes everyone smile around him and who he cherishes so much from afar—

„And what are you doing with Hyuckie Hyung's locker?!"

Oh crap.

He immediately winced at the shrieking voice. A perfectly well-known voice for him, because the blonde is the epitome of loudness and sadly- he shares almost every class with him.

„I'm— uh—„ he felt his cheeks heating up. His hands gripped the paper and hid it behind his back, but the Chinese boy was faster. His secret which he kept hidden from the whole world, minus Sungchan, was snatched from his hand in a mere second.

„What's this?" Asked Chenle as soon as his eyes landed on the letters. It seemed as if he struggled a little with the letters.

Oh yes, he's Chinese, he probably cannot read that well.

„You write like a 5-year-old" The brunette snatched a paper from the smaller boy.

Thank God, he can't read.

„I'm also sure that Hyuckie will reject you, so I would give up on your plan with this shitty piece of paper" his hand stopped midair. His mouth fell open, and his eyes stayed focused on the amused face of Zhong Chenle.

„And I must say- Yes, I can read, thank you very much for your concern."

Shit shit shit shit.

Did I said that aloud?!

„I'm sorry?" He asked uncertainly, seeing the older boy already turning around. Probably on his way to tell this embarrassing encounter to Donghyuck, and then all school will laugh that this emo boy thinks he stands a chance with beautiful and popular Donghyuck—

„Eh? Don't be. That's only some advice, you're third this week trying to sneak a confession letter into his locker."

Wait, what?!

„Uh wait!" He ran up to the blonde who had no intention of stopping. Of course, he was Zhong Chenle, a friend of Donghyuck, with his typical resting bitch face, who would make your life a living hell in a few minutes if he would want to.

„What" He spat these words with so much venom laced in his voice that Jisung considered running away on the spot. But he had to be strong.

„Do you know if Donghyuck has... someone?" At this, the Chinese looked at him with pity as if he had said something stupid! And that's why he didn't like Zhong Chenle, he always looked at everyone as if they were some kind of worse sort.

„Of course, I know, I'm his friend, duh" The latter crossed his arms glaring at the taller. „ But I won't tell you, grow some balls and ask him yourself" the brunette sighed. Yeah, there was no way that he would get anything useful from Chenle. This kid was like a Satan himself and everyone knew it.

Jisung rolled his eyes before turning on his heel, not sparing the blonde boy more than a glance. Why did he have to make everything harder?! When he finally decided to confess, Chenle had to make himself known and ruin all his plan, planting a seed of doubt whether Donghyuck was really off limits or not.

_________

A week passed, but he was still aware of the Chinese student present in all his classes. He looked pretty much undisturbed, so maybe that was true that he had to scare off all the potential lovers for his friend from his locker. He looked over at the group chatting loudly in the school corridor a few meters away. There in his all glory was sitting Lee Donghyuck, one of the nicest and kindest people in the entire school. A boy from a good family, who was aiming for a career in acting, currently being a leader of the theater club.