The patience of a lovely child

Cale was a very patient person. Most of the time...?

Sometimes...?

Usually.

He was as patient as a person could be in his situation. However, there was a limit.

That limit happened to be the supposed gods of his world constantly begging him to become a saint or serve as their child. He's had this question asked repeatedly from the time he learned what the hell a god was til now, and it was brutal.

Not the rejecting. No, that was easy.

The way he'd reject them... that was brutal.

Cale did not hold his tongue when speaking to the fucking gods that invaded his dreams. He's dealt with their nonstop pestering for too long. They once tried to contact him while he was running from kidnappers. It was thanks to sheer luck he was able to duck into a bush quick enough. Otherwise, Cale surely would have been caught and killed.

He decided that while waiting for Rok Soo to gain his ancient power, dealing with those damned gods would be worthwhile.

"Everyone! Honey is here!"

The second he entered the divine plane, Cale could hear the God of Death's voice shouting for the other gods.

"Cale's here?"

"Honey's come to talk to us!"

"Be my saint!"

"How exciting! Hello Honey!"

Different voices all chimed in and began to surround the redhead. He crossed his arms and frowned at the noise.

"Uh-oh..."

"Which one of you idiot's did it?"

"Fess up! He'll yell at all of us!"

They all shouted at each other, the voice of the God of Death nowhere to be heard.

"You all need to learn boundaries."

That is what Cale said in a calm and collected voice, but it felt more like a threat to their well-being. And they were gods.

"But Honey... you never come visit us..."

"I don't come to visit you because you do it on your own accord. If you had even an ounce of patience I did, I would visit you once a month at least. Hell, if you stopped asking me to become your saint every time you talked to me, I'd boost it to twice a month."

The voices were quiet for a moment. They mumbled a few words to one another, discussing something Cale could care less about.

"So...what Honey means is—"

"If we stop bothering you for a bit, you'll talk to us more?"

Cale sighed.

"If you stop trying to contact me while I'm awake unless it's important, I'll visit more often."

"Deal!"

"Awesome!"

"Whaaat? Really? Okay!"

"Alright!"

When Kim Rok Soo found Cale, who had been waiting for him, he half expected his lover to comment on the time, ask to see the tattoo on his chest, kiss him, or sigh about the baby dragon that had followed them.

What he did not expect was to see his lover sleeping, standing up.

At least... that's what this looked like.