5

The next day, I wake up and immediately everything from yesterday comes crashing down. I get up and take a shower before I dry and curl my dark brown hair. As part of my plan to break up with Ben, I need to look even more beautiful than usual so I put on a light layer of makeup. I link my top and bottom piercings with a butterfly cuff thing and ditch my usual black tights for white fishnets. I add my necklace and usual black hoodie and docs. I grab my stuff and leave the house. I eat a granola bar for breakfast and text Ben to meet me at the bench. When I arrive, he is already sitting there. I wink at Immy (she's in on the plan) and she blows me a kiss.

"Hey baby, I missed you!" I say in a flirty voice. I plonk myself onto his lap facing him and he blinks at me rapidly, I never do this kind of thing. In fact, all the boys are looking at me in surprise. "Guys, chill out! I already have a boyfriend." I laugh. Not for long though. Ben looks bemused by this but underneath he looks tired. "You look good." he whisperes. I kiss his cheek and he wraps his arm around my waist. With his other hand, he cups my jaw and I lean into his embrace. He leans in and our lips touch. He pulls away and I reconnect them. When Immy finally drags me away, I wipe my lips and reapply lip gloss. "He definitely doesn't know you know." she laughs and we high five.

When we reach form, I sit down in my seat and am surprised when Elle slips into the seat next to me. We have chatted a lot since we first met and have become friends. We talk until the bell rings and I walk to history. After Spanish and Science, it's lunch. Immy and I decide to go to the canteen. I look at my Instagram as we weave through the tables. Tara has come out as lesbian. I text congrats as we walk. Then we come across Tara, Darcy and Elle's table and pause. I ignore them as they talk. Then Immy says, "So you and Nick are definitely not-" and I look up.
"I'm a lesbian!" Tara snaps.
"Ok!" says Immy. Then there's awkward silence.
"I'm not like homophobic." Imogen says defensively, "I'm an ally!"
"Congratulations." says Tara sarcastically.
Darcy rolls her eyes, "We thank you for your service!"
I crack up laughing and have to take deep breaths to calm down. I drag Immy away and we head outside. "What did I do?" she asks confused and I just shake my head and start laughing again.

After school, we wait outside Truham gate for the boys. We are all headed to the park to hangout. They eventually come out (AN: not out of the closet) and we wallk to the park. I grab Ben's hand and smile at him. Just then, Harry comes up behind us and slings an arm over each of us. (AN: 🎶Do you get deju vu? huh🎶 I'm sorry, I couldn't resist) "Looks like you two are getting serious." he says. We look at each other and shrug. I have to resist the urge to roll my eyes dramatically. He moves on and we clasp hands again.

After a kickabout, we all flop onto the grass. Ben reaches out to pull me closer to him and I know it's time. "I have something to say to you Ben and i'd like all of you to listen," I say, "Last night, I caught Ben in the Music Block with someone else." "I don't know who and I don't care," I continue, "I think you owe me something, Ben" I put my hands on my hips and glare at him. He looks embarrassed and angry. "Jesus, sorry!" he bursts out. The boys all nudge each other. "We are over!" I say as a single tear rolls down my cheek. Imogen comes and stands next to me and I gratefully clasp her hand. "You can do so much better than him." she whispers. I brush away the hot tears rolling down my faces and turn away. We leave him to be sorted out by the boys and walk away to collect my weekend things (Dad is going away for the weekend) from where Dad is waiting. I kiss his cheek and we head to her house.