𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

real life, social media

matt's voice is soft when he sees that madelyn isn't running away. she's standing a couple inches from him, her back turned to him. "madelyn," he starts timidly as he takes a step closer to her. "talk to me."

madelyn wants to walk again but she realizes there's really nowhere for her to go. instead, settles for a scoff and a shake of her head. "i don't really feel like talking," she mutters under her breath, groaning.

matt ignores the way his heart hurts slightly at that and shakes his head. "then let me t-"

"no!" she exclaims, now extremely frustrated. she's not used to talking when she's upset. he's angry at matt and angry at herself for not being able to communicate effectively sometimes. matt just stands there, staring at her. staring at her like she's the prettiest thing he's ever seen. "stop fucking looking at me like that."

matt looks genuinely surprised. "like what?"

madelyn rolls her eyes are her body naturally fully turns to be facing matt. "like you-" she stops herself, turning her head away from matt once more.

"like what, madelyn?" matt repeats, a little bit firmer this time.

madelyn rolls her eyes before slapping her hands against her side. "i don't know but you're just not allowed to look at me like that." madelyn sighs and shakes her head. "please don't."

matt keeps his gaze steady on madelyn's face, ignoring the feeling in his stomach. "why?"

she glares at him wordlessly before sighing. "again with the why," she mutters softly only to herself. she crosses her arms saying this louder instead: "matt please."

"i want to talk," matt replies.

"really, matt?" she scoffs, getting angry again. "an entire night i've been waiting to talk to you and you've been everywhere but with me. now you wanna talk?" she asks in disbelief, beginning to shake her head. "insane."