IV

Nebula walked back inside with Andy and went to dry herself off, both women sharing a look for a long moment before parting ways. Andy was now holed up in her room while the other three had come to ask if she was okay, only to catch sight of lingering finger marks on the pale skin of Nebula's throat. It was difficult getting the lovebirds and Nile not to go harass the woman but she was adamant that nothing bad had happened, much to their confusion.

"She hurt you. I can't believe she actually hurt you. Why is she being such a bitch to you? It's not as if you asked to be brought here, dammit-"

"Woah. No. Relax, river... She didn't do anything to me that I didn't practically make her." Trying to explain what she meant to the confused trio, she took Nile's hand in hers, pried it open and pressed it to her neck. For whatever reason, it didn't give her the same messy feelings inside as what Andy had done but then again, she'd told Andy about her mental issues like an idiot when she usually kept it hidden from everyone else.

Some part of her had really hoped that would be her end. Yet, it seemed Andy wasn't interested enough. Maybe she hadn't pissed her off past her limit? She remembered that the woman had called her mesmerising in passing and blushed, reminding herself Andy cared so little about her that it was likely pure apathy that kept her from doing her in.

"...sounds kinky. So our little Nebula likes when things get a little rough- and in the rain, no less?" Joe pretended to swoon, his partner catching him easily and giving him a mock-disapproving look. The young woman was utterly flustered at the thought alone, realising just how crazy what she'd done was. Better for them to think that than for the darker truth to sink in.

"...no comment. At least she's talking to me, now?"

Nicky gave a low whistle, snorting when she smacked him in the face with a pillow. Nebula fell dramatically onto the couch, draping her arms over the two men and shaking her still damp hair to pelt them with water. He sat her down properly between them and pressed the towel to her scalp once more, his touch so gentle as he kneaded through her hair that she had to take a breath before she got too misty-eyed. "You should be proud, piccola. I've never seen anyone with Andy's hands on their neck live to tell the tale and I've known her many centuries. She must be quite fond of you."

Ha! What a dream that would be. C'est inimaginable! Ridicule!

"Personally, space girl, I can't even imagine Andy doing something with sexual intent. Don't get me wrong, she's a pretty woman but that's the least interesting thing about her. Her number one love is helping people through unmitigated violence. Is she even capable of sexual or romantic feelings anymore?"

"Ignore Nile, nibble. She can't sense the signs. She's a young thing with no idea yet of what true love is." She faked an offended look, shrugging her shoulders good-naturedly at Joe's statement.

"Nibble... Piccola... Space girl... Gosh. That's a lot of nicknames to keep track of and I love them all, I really do! I just haven't been given one in a very long while so it's a bit of an adjustment - in the best way, of course - and... Would you all stop staring at me like I'm a glowing gift from the gods?"

"But that's what you are, sweetheart," Nicky whispered to her with a playful ruffle of her hair. She smacked his hand away but hugged them a little tighter, very happily and comfortably stuck between them when they did the same to her. They truly were the world's best cuddlers... Likely due to all the practice they had shared with each other over the centuries.

"You're both too old to be shipping people. I mean, I'm usually not one to argue with you two but she's been ignoring me since I got here, then she freaking slammed me into a wall today s-so..."