Tongues and Teeth

Trey's POV:

"That's pathetic" He said. He stormed off. I Sat there for a second. Tears streamed down my cheeks. I just sat on the floor crying my eyes out in the dull light from the stove. Layla walked over.

"Hey. are you ok?" She asked lightly. sitting next to me.

"I ruined it...I always do." I said.

"Ruined what?"

"And he has to take me home." The realization set in. "He has to take me home." Layla scooted closer.

"nothings gonna happen just tell me what whent on." She was calm.

"I really like him. but he found out I'm just a sad drunk and he hates me." I explained. "and he has to take me home. what if he wont?"

"i'm sure he will. he wont just leave you here." She said. "He's not like that." She muttered.

"How do you know? you've never spoken to him. not once." I shook my head.

"I watch. I don't speak I look. I see everything. like the way Lauren looks at you. and the friendship James has with other people. how genuine he is with some of them and not with others. I like to think of it as my job. to watch and make sure everyones ok." She smiled. I smiled back.

"That's nice." I chuckled a little.

"What's so funny?" She laughed too.

"Sorry-" I laughed harder. "Still drunk" I cackled. She laughed at me, she laughed with me. 

The party went on until 1 am. James and I never talked. until he came over to me. "Trey. we have to go." He said seriously yet nervously. 

"Yeah, sure." I said back. I got up and walked with him out to his car. I got in and it was silent. I broke the silence. "James, look-" I started but he interrupted.

"Don't even. you were drunk. at auditions. Does theater mean nothing to you?" His eyes never left the road. we sailed down the dark streets. The light bouncing off the sleek black car. "Look, you need help."

"I don't need help! James. you are not the one who tells me I need help. you know what Ive never seen you eat a single thing." I yelled. James turned his head to me cheeks red hot as the car swerved off the road into the bushes off the side of the road near my house. "Shit, James." I breathed.

"You don't talk to me like that. you don't- don't- fuck you."He leaned over the median between us and grabbed my face. I could feel the heat radiation off his cheeks when he kissed me. his hands cold to my blood rushed face. My hand went up to his hair once the shock wore off. I loved it, I loved it so much. His lips on mine made my brain go fuzzy. He pulled away breathing heavy. "I can't stay mad at you for long can I?"I blushed. He knows how to make me melt doesn't he? 

"Take me home James." I smiled. We drove a little further and he turned into my neighborhood. we reached my house. 

"Trey. please don't leave. come back to my house. we can spend the night together." He smiled. 

"James. maybe another time." I smiled back. I got out of the car and kissed him quick and went inside.