Science fiction - The escape

The world in the Year 3050 bears no resemblance whatsoever with the old world, a lost world. It is a world where a lot has changed. If you have read the scifi novel, Altered Carbon, by Richard K. Morgan, you will understand it better.

Altered Carbon. Richard K. Morgan : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altered_Carbon

Although many believe it is a civilisation that now has achieved ultimate scientific advancement, there are many who believe it is so on the artificial layer of reality, and when you look deeper there is not much that has evolved in terms of scientific achievements.

For the 80% population that lives in this artificial layer of reality, they are made to believe that humanity has achieved a utopia like state. But this is nothing more than a self-invented, and then aggressively propagated act of false abdication, where the goal is to paint the picture of a world that is truly cared for by a select few. The special few who possess no worldly desires.

And through this act of glorified abdication these special few want to be perceived as kind and gracious humans. Who they are not!

Behind this they have an agenda that seeks to let these people (80% of the population) , living in the artificial layer of reality, believe in this phantom of reality. That happens to be a huge simulation of neo, but pseudo perceptions artificially integrated into the world that the 80% of the world population interacts with every day without realising that it is not real.

But what about the 20% of the population?

The ones who appear to live as a part of this artificial simulation too but only they know the true difference between what is real and what is just an artificially generated visual and mental perception.

And among them too there are a select few who are truly generous and want to help humanity achieve the much needed moment of redemption. Because they know due to increasing interaction of humans with the artificial reality, the core social fabric of human societies has been destroyed and social value systems are beginning to collapse. Which in advanced stages will give rise to human interactions and relationships, where everything will be need based and not based on human values, and a simple, but the most beautiful feeling of love and unconditional care.

And if it continues like this they know the human race will perish forever because then human pursuits and human existence will become purposeless.

Recently there has been a shift, because many who belong to the 80% of the population, living as a part of this artificial reality have realised that something is incohesive and not pertinent at all, because they are unable to go beyond a certain point. And this boundary that they refer to as POINT, applies to multiple aspects of their lives. Therefore, this POINT, which happens to be the personal determinant of a boundary, means different things to different people.

For a few it is the inability to go beyond the saturation point they have reached in terms of science and technology, to many it is about their lack of resources to implement new scientific ideas, but for the majority of them it is about dwindling resources necessary to sustain life on this planet.

It is these few people who plan to escape the artificial layer of reality in order to reinstate the true layer of reality, with no artificial or fake layers- A world anchored in realism that supports life without any disparity.

However, there is a problem. Senior members of the 20% population have realised this and they want to prevent the rebel members of the 80% population from knowing too much about the artificial layer of reality that they usually interact with.