Part 4

I stumble through my front door and close it behind me. It had been a good day. A very good day.
Arthur won and I spent hours celebrating with him and his family. And there was nothing more I wanted to be beside my best friend. My phone then buzzed. I expected it to be Arthur sending me photos he took from today but it wasn't.
I turned on my phone and it was Charles.

Did you get home okay? His text read.
Yeah thanks I text back.
A thumbs up emoji comes through before another message does too.
I had fun tonight you know
Me too I text back.
Glad you were there.
I stop in my tracks. My feet glue to the floor and my fingers feel numb. My heart feels as if it's racing and my head feels dizzy and confused.

Was their mother right?
No there's no way I can't do that to Arthur.

Another text comes through.
See you around little one.
My head feels like it's melting. Little one.

I turn off my phone and go to bed.

The next morning I do wake up to photos from Arthur with a heart underneath. I turn on my phone and scroll through the photos he sent, saving them all to my camera roll. There were ones of me and Charles, me and Arthur, Arthur and Charles and one that stuck out was one of all three of us and the way Charles was looking at me in the photo.
I zoom in on him. His eyes were glued on me in the photo.
I then shake my head and turn off my phone. I get out of bed and go downstairs to make breakfast. I take a slice out bread out of the cupboard and place it in the toaster before pushing the switch down to toast it.
I turn on the radio while I wait and a Lana Del Ray song is playing so I spin around to the song in my kitchen.