Chapter 72 - Manik's Explanation

Sunaina was crying sitting on sofa while Rima consoling her. Dushmant sat on the other sofa while Indrajit sat on the lone arm chair. Though the living room was filled with people it was silent other than Sunaina's muffled sobs echoing now and then. The lunch arrangement was cancelled saying there was some urgent matter for which Indrajit had to leave.

"Bhabi please stop crying. You will ruin your health" Dushmant couldn't take anymore as he said after seeing Sunaina's condition.

Rima nodded, "yes, of you keep crying then how will you handle things here? You need to stay strong for Nandini. You know how is Jethji and his anger. If Nandini returns then you have to calm his anger" Rima tried to console her.

Sunaina hearing that stopped crying and wiped her eyes with her saari. It was already late in the evening. Suddenly the old servant suddenly came running inside.

"Sahab, there was a car and a man and Nandini madam coming towards the house"

Everyone was shocked. Indrajit got up abruptly. His face was already red in anger. "She dared to brought him here and even return back?"

Dushmant was hurried to hold back his brother, "Indra Bhai please. You need to calm down first. We have to see them first then talk to understand the situation. Isn't it good that Nandini did came back?"

"How they look like? Did they wear anything like married couple?" Sunaina asked.

"No madam, they don't have any sign like that" the servant replied which made Sunaina sigh of relief.

"Humph" Indrajit shook his hand and walked outside while others followed him. When Sunaina saw Nandini standing at yard she wanted to go near her but Indrajit stopped her with a glare. He turned to look at them.

"So you decided to return back?" He asked. Nandini lowered her head while Manik stepped forward.

"Sir, please forgive her. She was little excited about the situation and has done such thing. She regretful, please forgive her" he said politely.

Rima, Sunaina and Dushmant looked at Manik with smile. Such a respectful man, they never seen before. He was even explaining for their daughter after bringing home.

"Oh, now you are speaking for her?" Indrajit glared at him, "why? Did my daughter lost her voice or something or she is pretending to be too weak or scared after shaming my face?"

Nandini winced at his word. She felt ashamed and nervous.

"Sir, she was confused. Actually because of the pressure she was feeling from this marriage arrangements. Nandini was always respecting you, she never meant to put anyone in difficult situation but the current arrangement had her confused. It was more like she was forced to accept what don't want to. As a parents she know whatever you will do will be for her good but she also wants to put her opinion about it. When she couldn't her heart was restless and scared so she took such decisions. I am sorry, because of me you have see this day, it's also my fault" Manik bowed his head after explaining.

Everyone was surprised at his behaviour, even Nandini. Indrajit looked at them coldly.

Dushmant stepped forward, "Indra Bhai I think we should forgive Nandini this time. Afterall she is just a child with innocent heart. The process of this marriage was also fast. And it was also true that Aniket and her was still a stranger to eachother. She could trust you and your decision but accepting someone whom she never saw must be difficult for her. Bhai, you are the one who threw feast for the whole city when Nandini was born. You were more happier than others. We know how much you love her. Can you see her getting hurt like this or pushing herself in something she don't want?"