The Kingdom from Afar

A time, long, long ago. There lived a prince whose morals, dignity, and intellect that far surpass that of his kingdom's people. Of which they were not as educated and were not as well morally. Only one man managed to do as such, the prince's father, the king. A brutal leader, a decorated war criminal that is.

His father had decimated many towns. Had plundered many lands into peril, erected villages from fire and from cry, and tortured the commoner with fees and bills that far surpass that of their own salary. Of which, the king was known to have had killed or at the very least tortured for not abiding and paying that of his imposed bills.

But the prince had always turned a blind eye to it. Even if the prince wanted to do something, he was sure his father would have had him hang by the neck at instant, or even castrated and thrown to the bottomless pit that was the sea. But there was no more turning a blind eye to it anymore. In some day, after the prince witnessed his third public hanging. He devised a rather insane plan. A rebellion that is.

As one should undoubtedly know, a rebellion is one that requires strength, courage, relations, and numbers. Of which he had not one but intelligence to his trait.

Inside the royal library (where the prince spent most of his days in) he strategized based on the books and novels he reads of the many theories that the writers imply boldly on their stories. It was a common trope for these writers that there was a land with wondrous flora, amazing trees, other species of intellect, and at the peak of it, freedom.

If oneself wonders, this kingdom sits atop a rather large island, to the point that there were mountains and all, surrounded on all sides by water that was so dangerous that even his kingdom knew not how to make a boat because of it.

In the prince's favorite book, The Myriad Lands Beyond the Forsaken Sea, a monster appealed to his majesty's intellectual mind. A monster that had the body alike to he, a face alike to he, but it had only one eye, and was meters taller than he. By this, he too theorized that not all of the world's history happened in his kingdom in what seems like a vast world. For as the seas were dangerous, the kingdom was far from a seafaring one. Even the stupidity of the commoner knew that the seas were troublesome and that they even made countless stories of it. One popular one was about mysterious monsters that they call the lords of the sea.

They expressed that the roars of the seas were not because of the waves hitting the beach, no, no. It was because of monsters. Monsters with biblical proportions that is. Parried with gangly legs that looked more like tentacles than legs. A crab's hands for theirs, the face that of appearing alike an octopus-like creature, and that they manifested a hate so unbelievably strong to man that they'd strike at them if they had the chance to. But because of the surface of the sea, they could not rise to take the lives of man.

The kingdom's authors and writers had already expressed their opinions on such things. Some believe it true; some believe it false, but the prince believed it, believed it to the point that he dared not to touch the sea.

From the public hangings, from the slavery that was thriving in these cursed lands, the prince had too a rather suffocating position. In the castle that is. For as his father was nearing old age. It was declared in the king's fiftieth birthday that the prince was to be announced king, by the king, upon the king's passing.

This was taken, not for the better, but for the worse. Upon the nobles that surrounded his majesty's table. The prince knew (as the king announced) that those pigs they called nobles would not be so much in favor.

It was a given that the king was outrivaled in the field of military. But one could say that his intelligence with handling a country is far worse then if a normal illiterate commoner were to handle one. The nobles too did not favor such for as they knew a secret that only the prince kept to himself. His plans.