12 - Showdown At The Round-Up

❝ʜᴏɴᴇʏ

❝ʜᴏɴᴇʏ. ɪ'ᴅ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ғɪʀᴇ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ. ᴊᴜsᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴀᴅᴏʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ. ᴏʜ, ʜᴏɴᴇʏ. ɪ'ᴅ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ғɪʀᴇ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ. ᴊᴜsᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴀᴅᴏʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ. ʟɪᴋᴇ ɪᴛ's ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪ'ᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴅᴏ. ʟɪᴋᴇ ɪᴛ's ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪ'ᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴅᴏ.❞

She lies down, gazing at a hairspray poster. Sometimes, she just wanted a more permanent change when she was stressed from doing evil deeds and then having to be good because that's what she promised.

"I've always loved singing but everything always gets in the way. Singing is also painful. . . for everyone involved, only because of one thing."

She was reminded of her mother.

Right now multiple emotions are surrounding me

Right now multiple emotions are surrounding me. Hartley found out how amazing she was at singing and now, her boyfriend and her two best friends are pushing me to go out of her comfort zone and try out.

"I won't lie, don't try. . . Wait."

"I won't lie, don't mind. . . Nope."

"Laney, you've been singing that song in Study hall for three days straight. What is this? Some form of slow torture?" Says Amy.

"Sorry. The band at the Round-Up Cantina is holding auditions for a new lead singer. So I'm going to try it out. I want to make sure I have all the lyrics right."

"Well, maybe we can help you out. I know all the words by heart because you've been singing them for three days straight," complained Colby.

"I've always wanted to sing in front of an audience."

"Really?" Colby said surprisingly.

"Yeah, until now I've only sung in the shower, which she usually ends in her shouting, 'Shut up in there.'