17. Bad Energy.

"I'M SURE YOU'RE ALL WONDERING WHY I'VE GATHERED YOU HERE

"I'M SURE YOU'RE ALL WONDERING WHY I'VE GATHERED YOU HERE." I groaned, laying down on Colby's body. I have the worst morning thinking about how the Maddens could die anytime and I would be held accountable, physically and mentally.

"Nah. We assume you wanna show off another one of your half-baked creations." Amy shrugged, shifting her body.

"So we're just gonna smile and nod a lot to speed things up."

"Glad, you know your place in this household," Vic said, smiling. "Colby, your last Flash form helmet didn't work out."

"Didn't work out? I have a permanent ring around my neck where it cuts off oxygen to my brain." Colby complained.

"How could you have forgotten to tell me?"

"Let's be honest, how much oxygen was getting up there, huh?" Vic asked, making Colby roll his eyes. "Anyways, I made you a new one!"

"Why do I even need a helmet?" Colby asked.

"Because you're a newbie, and you need added protection. This is why this helmet has X-ray vision, force field activation, and this right here..." Suddenly, a loud beeping noise. "Is your backup cam!"

"Got one of those from mom's car?" Amy asked.

"You back into three hot dog stands, and suddenly, you're a bad diver!" Eva complained, throwing her hands in the air.

"I just need to transfer the Teleportation Module from the old helmet to this new one. So if you're ever in trouble, push the button, it'll teleport you back to the lair." Vic said.

"Hold up. Uh, anyone wearing that helmet can push that button and end up in the lair?"

"Yep. And why are you asking questions? Shouldn't you be smiling and nodding?"

"Colby, go grab your helmet. I'll get the tools ready to transfer." Vic said leaving far away from our view.

"What are we going to do? We gave Colby's old helmet to that kid Milo so he wouldn't tell anyone about the lair." Amy said.

"Wait. So you gave the Flash Form helmet to the quirky kid at school? And at any moment, he could teleport into our lair? That's delightful!" Colby laughed.

"I never told your father, because he'd freak if he knew Milo had been in the lair," Eva said.

"Ok, well, he's going to be back any minute. What are we going to tell him?"

"I will stall your father. You three go find Milo and get that helmet back!" Eva said.

"Well, are you gonna help?" Amy asked.

"Nope," Colby said.

***

"WE GOTTA GET MY HELMET BACK. HOW DO WE FIND THAT MILO KID?" We're in the place I hate the most. Why can't we sneak into his house and figure out a plan? He needs the helmet back, even though there's no point in hiding his face. Everyone will find out eventually.