18. No Escape Part 1

SHE WAS WALKING THROUGH THE DARK HALLS TRYING TO GET TO THE COMPUTER ROOM

SHE WAS WALKING THROUGH THE DARK HALLS TRYING TO GET TO THE COMPUTER ROOM. Laney wanted to know why she was having this bad feeling every time she was near Declan or anything else and she knew she could get it. She hoped that they were probably holding everything back since they knew everything.

One of the people was terrified when I banged down the door and walked in.

"What are you doing? You can be in here unless you work here or have an appointment. So go on little girl." The man said frightened.

Pulling him up by the shirt, I lifted him. "I've got a bad feeling about Declan, so tell me what it is so I can throw you in an alligator pit if you don't fix it."

"Who's Declan? I don't know who he is." The man said.

I slammed his head down again. "Wrong answer. Do you want to try again, or do you want to play at your own risk?"

I slammed his body against the wall, knocking over the computer with his body.

"I'm sorry," The man cries.

"About what? Tell me and this all stops."

"I can't!" He cries more.

"Why?"

"Because the guy told me not to." The man said.

I threw his body to the other side of the room. Why do people always have to make this so hard? I'm giving him a chance. I'm not that bad.

"What guy?"

"The guy is..." The man leads on.

***

"OH, LANEY, REAL QUICK!" Since Hartley was bragging about their anniversary with Declan, I've had to hear it to whole time. I wouldn't want I big thing for my anniversary just some fun things to do now.

"Tomorrow's my one-month anniversary with Hartley, and I wanted to surprise her," Declan said. Is there a reason why he is still talking?

"Oh. By moving out of state? Great idea. She'll never see it coming."

"Look, I know you, and I didn't exactly... get off on the wrong foot," Declan said.

"Mostly because you're shady."

"I'm not shady," Declan denied.

"You're a little shady."

"Well, I was hoping we could work together to pull off something special," Declan said.

"I see where you're going with this, and I'm happy to drive the moving van. Where are we heading? Nevada's nice and sunny. But again, you're shady, which balances out nicely." I shrugged.

"Hartley told me she loves escape rooms. And a new one just opened up in Valley View. And since she also considers you family, I was hoping you could go with everyone. That way, when she shows up, we can all surprise her." Declan explained.