16. We Don't Care.

RIGHT NOW I AM LYING ON COLBY'S LAP

RIGHT NOW I AM LYING ON COLBY'S LAP. Currently, I'm watching a show that my friend likes. It's quite amusing. Although I have band practice with Cupid later, I don't care because I'd rather spend time with my friend now.

"This show never disappoints!" Colby laughed.

"Oh, woo! It's the funniest thing on TV," Amy laughed, increasing the volume.

"And that does it for our 6:00 news," the Reporter said looking down at the papers. How long has the news been funny?

"Guys, you're not gonna believe this!" Hartley said walking out of the kitchen. The News broadcast music playing on the TV. "Were you laughing at other people's misfortune on the news again."

"Not me!" Colby exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air.

"Okay, maybe a little." Amy laughed.

"Some lady got trapped in an elevator for five days and it was not pretty. If they didn't want you to laugh, they wouldn't put it on TV,"

"You know, every time I think I'm making progress with you people? Something like this happens." Hartley sighed. "Anyways, Laney, the Round-Up is holding their annual Battle of the Bands on Saturday,"

"Damn, if I weren't on the low I would do that," Amy said rolling her eyes.

"You guys have to enter!" Hartley said.

"Wait, so we get to sing and battle people? I'm in."

"It's not a real battle. It's a contest where bands perform original songs and face off against each other." As he played with my hair, Colby explained.

"I'm confused. Can I throttle someone or not?"

"No! But if you win, it'll boost our cred as a new singing duo and we'll be insanely popular!" Hartley smiled.

"Oh, we are popular!" Amy said. "The other day we were singing at the food court and someone tipped us with curly fries."

"That wasn't a tip, they threw them at us and said, 'Stop singing, I'm trying to eat.'" Colby said rolling her eyes.

"Best two-ninety-nine I ever spent," Amy said.

"The only thing is, to perform at the contest, you both have to write an original song. Which you've never done before," Hartley said.

"Big deal. I used to write songs with my villain band all the time,"

"Our villain band," Amy corrected. "Well, until they met their demise in a fiery inferno. Which is ironic because we're gonna name the band Fiery Inferno."

Celica suddenly opens the door.

"Oh, hey Celica! Come on in," Amy said.

"I know I'm supposed to know, but I'm too excited. Plus, I don't care. Robert just told me he booked us a romantic weekend at Lady Bird Lake." Celica smiled.