Chapter 9

"Hey Jinsoo."

Jinsoo turned her head and lightly smiled. Taehyun walked up to her side, pulling down his hood. In front of her stood Narim and two other girls-Kim Younghee and Park Jian. They deny that they aren't Narim's sidekicks but they stuck by Narim's side like glue.

"Hi," Jinsoo greeted back. Narim watched Jinsoo, hoping to see any signs to show she stated to show interest in Taehyun rather Jiwon. If she did, this was going to be Narim's chance. She might even end up with Jiwon if Jinsoo had helped her out. After all, she did get into an accident, right? It was something she was going to use to her advantage.

"Hey Jinsoo," Narim nudged her arm. Jinsoo looked back at her. She tilted her head and waited for her to finish. However, Narim wanted her to answer first.

"What?" Jinsoo finally said.

"Do you think you can talk to Jiwon for me?"

For some reason, it made Jinsoo uncomfortable. She looked away and avoided eye contact. She bit the inside of her cheek, unsure of what to say. Narim waited for her answer, placing her hand at her hips. She narrowed her eyes. "So?"

"I'll help you," Taehyun suddenly says. Jinsoo looked up, meeting his eyes. Her eyes widened. "We're great friends. Isn't that right?"

Jinsoo looked everywhere but both Narim and Taehyun's eyes. She even looked at Younghee and Jian for help. Instead, they shot her the 'sorry' look and quickly smiled at Narim, hoping she didn't notice anything.

"Um..." Jinsoo trailed off.

"Unless," Narim started, "you still have feelings for him?"

Jinsoo wasn't sure herself. Instead of answering, Taehyun grabbed her arm and pulled her away. Jinsoo took out a breath of relief, feeling the warm air from inside of the school absorb into her skin. Her jacket began to make her sweat.

"You should thank me," Taehyun smiled. "I know you don't wanna talk to Jiwon for her."

"Then why'd you tell her you'd help me?"

Taehyun stopped and took one look at Jinsoo. He smiled. "Because I get a chance to piss Jiwon off."

He started ahead of Jinsoo but Jinsoo stood still. She watched as he walked ahead of her, laughing about something. When Taehyun notices Jinsoo gone, he stopped and turned around. "What are you doing just standing there?" he asks.

Jinsoo opened her mouth to answer but instead, she bit the inside of her cheek.

He doesn't deserve to know anything else.

Jinsoo convinced herself she wasn't going to hangout with Taehyun and Narim any longer. Maybe Jiwon was right. She was meant to dislike them no matter what-even if she had lost her memories. Before Taehyun could say or do anything, Jinsoo stormed away from him, staring at the ground. She could feel people staring at her as she walked down the halls. She's been told she was always with someone and that someone was always Jiwon. However, she couldn't imagine it. A girl like her was with Jiwon? What did Jiwon see in her?

Jinsoo bumped into someone's arm. Immediately, she turned around and bowed down, "I'm sorry."

She turned around but her arm was grabbed. Jinsoo looked up, finding herself staring at Yunhyeong. Her eyes widened and for a moment, she let out a breath of relief. But she stopped herself and hesitated. These past few days, Yunhyeong hadn't been near her nor had he ever helped her since she's gone back to school. She scrunched up her nose and snapped his grasp off, turning away.