Chapter 24

She felt herself falling. Her stomach turned and her breath was cut short.

That was when she felt arms around her.

Jinsoo tried to calm herself down. She lifted her head up, finding Jiwon in front of her. He looked into her eyes-eyes that told her everything was going to be okay. And she believed it.

Everyone watched as Jiwon tried to get his footing back. But, instead of pulling the both of them away from the edge of the cliff, they fell over it. Instead of just Jinsoo, it was both Jinsoo and Jiwon.

Jinsoo's eyes widened, clutching onto Jiwon tight. She felt tears coming out of her eyes.

"It's okay," Jiwon whispered into her ear. Jinsoo wanted to laugh out of disbelief. How could Jiwon be so calm in a situation like this? They were going to die. They were going to hit the ground and their bones were going to be crushed. Every muscle is going to explode and the amount of force was going to take their breaths away immediately.

"J-Jiwon..."

Jiwon held her closer to him, taking a deep breath. Although he never thought he would die like this, at least he was with Jinsoo. "We'll be okay," he whispered again.

"Jiwon, this isn't okay," Jinsoo managed to say. Her voice was nowhere above a whisper, but Jiwon had managed to grasp the words coming out of her mouth.

He looked down at her, meeting her eyes. He lightly smiled. "At least we're together."

Jinsoo's heart raced. She hasn't realized they were together, falling over a cliff with arms around each other. It seemed like the perfect suicide for lovers meant to be.

However, Jinsoo didn't want to die yet. She wanted to experience her relationship with Jiwon again. She wanted to get herself back to normal-everything back to normal. She wanted to hear stories about their past relationship and how they used to be. She wanted to grow closer to his friends.

This wasn't how it's supposed to end.

Jinsoo's breath was taken away when her feet had touched the ground. However, instead of the tremendous force upon her feet, she was stopped immediately before hitting the ground. Jiwon had slipped out of her arms. Instead of being stopped, the force had fell upon him and Jinsoo closed her eyes at the sound of bones cracking.

Her heart fell, knowing it was Jiwon who had to go through this pain. Her heart fell, knowing it was Jiwon who suffered all along. While she was always safe and saved, Jiwon was always the one to get hurt.

Jinsoo fell to her knees. She didn't bother trying to control her cries. She let out a snob, looking down at Jiwon. His eyes were still open, slowing closing and opening. Blood dripped down from the side of his head and down his arms. She looked into his eyes and Jiwon smiled.

"Hey, don't cry," he softly said. Jinsoo rested her head onto his chest, listening to his heartbeat slowly stop beating.

"Don't go..."

Jiwon grabbed her hand and softly squeezed Jinsoo's hand. "Don't cry, Jinsoo-ah..."

"Jiwon, wait..."

"No matter what happens, I will always-"

"Jiwon!"

Jinsoo shot up from where she lay. She squeezed her eyes shut, feeling tears slowly parting. They began to fall down, but she immediately wiped them away. Her nose was runny and her head pounded.