1.9

Over the next few days the family was on edge

 Over the next few days the family was on edge. I wasn't sure but I had a feeling it was something bad and vampire related. But no one was talking about nomads in the area. So it made me wonder if the Voltuir were in our area. But they would have called.

Rosalie stayed closer to me, keeping Edward away whenever he would try and talk to me. Alice had given up like she had said. Making our relationship better then it was. Jasper even seemed happier now that I wasn't actively avoiding her. But what came next I wasn't expecting. It was a sunny day and to make it worse I had a test I couldn't miss. So while my boyfriend and family were at home I had to go to school. Carlisle and Esme insisted that school come first since it was my first time going and the test was worth 40% of my grade. It also didn't help that this was the only class no one in my family was taking.

I drove Emmett's jeep as he said it would keep the guys away. If they thought he was waiting for me. But it never stopped them. Not when they realized he wasn't there. When I was walking to my locker Bella stepped in front of me. Making me stop and look at her confused. "Umm... HI. I was wondering if you wanted to hang out sometime? I think you and I could be great friends. If you give it a chance." She said and I tried to smile. But I was annoyed that she thinks I want to be friends with her.

"Hello and no thank you!." I said as I moved around her to get to my locker. Jessica looked at Bella shocked as I walked past her.

"What were you thinking?" She asked as Bella looked at her confused and shrugged her shoulders. "Do you not see she has no interest in being friends with you?" She asked as she turned to look at me.

"Maybe she just needs a push to be friends with people outside the Cullen's and Hale's. I mean it wouldn't kill her to have other friends." She said and I glared at her. This bitch really thought I should be friends with her over my mate and family.

"And why would I want to be friends with you? I have more in common with Jessica than I do with you. At least she has style and doesn't look like a boy!" I said, making Jessica smile and Bella to blush and play with her fingers. "Oh... it's because you have some creepy crush on Ed-dorko." I said with a smirk, Bella looked at me embarrassed. Jessica looked between us and glared at Bella. "Here's a little info for you. Ed-jackass and I hate each other. So if you think trying to be friends with me will get you closer to him... think again. I would never be friends with someone who is only trying to use me. OH! And if you ever try to flirt with my boyfriend again I will kick your ass so bad that your own father won't recognize you!" I said as I shoulder checked her as I walked past to get to my class.

After my class was over everyone was talking about how I made Bella cry by calling her out about her crush on Edward and the fact that she tried to flirt with Emmett. I smirked as I walked past her and she glared at me. "You know you don't have to be a bitch! A simple no would have worked!" Bella said and I glared at her. She stepped away from me.

"Then maybe you should take a hint and stop being some creepy bitch in heat." I yelled as I walked back over to her. Everyone was now looking and watching us. She blushed scarlet red as I smirked at her. "Now take this hint for me Edward may look like the good guy but he isn't never has been and never will be! You would be better off with a dog then with him!" I hissed at her. Before she slapped me. I growled as I balled my fist and punched her right in her nose. Blood came from it pouring out of it and she was crying. I smirked at her as she looked at me shocked. "Just cause you dad is the Chief of police doesn't mean I won't hit you back for hitting me. I'd be careful honey. I won't play nice!" I growled at her as she looked at me and then nodded her head.

"There is nothing special about you! I hope you know that!" I said before walking away. The rest of the day went by with everyone talking about what happened between Bella and I. But now they were talking about how Bella slapped me and how I punched her and how she got what was coming to her. But I was never called to the office so I didn't really care. But I knew when I got home Edward was going to yell, kick and scream at me for hurting his precious Bella.

And like I thought Edward was on me the moment I walked in. "You hit her? And called her names. What are you, 7? Grow up Brooklyn!" He yelled, making me roll my eyes at him. "Why do you hate me so much? Was I really that mean to you? To deserve this?" He asked as I walked right past him and over to Emmett who held a smirk on his face.

"Is your hand ok?" Emmett asked as he checked my hand out before kissing it. Making Edward scoff at us. Emmett ignored him and kissed me. "How about your cheek?" He asked as he placed his cool hand over the cheek she slapped. Edward now growled at us. Emmett glared at him.

"Careful Brother... You are close to being killed and this time for good!" Ian said as he glared at Edward. The whole family was glaring at him. I frowned at him as he looked at me.

"You didn't need to hit her. You could have been the bigger person and walked away!" He said and I scoffed at him.

"She hit me first! I only gave her what was coming to her. And you should be happy! I wanted to kill her!" I said as I walked away. Emmett followed as did Edward.

"You could have just talked to her. Became friends with her. Instead you called her a creepy stalker, a bitch in heat and broke her nose." He said and I laughed. It was a good punch and I knew it.

"I will never be friends with her. Not in a million years. And I was only giving her what she tried to give to me. She didn't mean to slap me but the bitch doesn't know how to throw a punch! It's not my fault she is a shity person!" I said and Edward sighed. I think it finally hit him that I wasn't going to help. Carlisle came home and checked my hand. He had seen Bella at the hospital but did not help her as I was his daughter and he felt that he shouldn't help the girl who assaulted me. Her father had talked with Carlisle and apologized to him on behalf of Bella as he didn't understand what had gotten into her to start a fight. Edward frowned at him before taking off. Alice came in and sighed and shook her head.

"He is going to get us all killed." She said as she hugged Jasper. Emmett wanted me to go and take a nap as they had a meeting about what to do about Bella and Edward. I was awoken when Emmett came and brought me dinner. He looked on edge and I knew that look. Though I hadn't seen it since we had been in Forks.

"What happened?" I asked and he sighed.

"Nomads killed a man close to town. You are on lock down until they leave. So if there is a sunny day you are staying home with me. Or we can go to our place. But you are under 24 hours lock down" He said and I nodded my head. "I won't lose you!" He said and I smiled at him.

"You won't, baby!" I said as I moved to sit on his lap. He kissed my head before burning his face into my hair.

"Eat, we have to come up with a plan to get rid of them if they continue." He said and I nodded my head. I sat and ate as he talked about what he wanted to do to get rid of them. My big Teddy bear wasn't a teddy bear. He was like a grizzly that was protecting his mate or cubs. I smirked as he would always be my teddy bear.