The Journey to Hogwarts

My mom died on my 17th birthday. She was my only family, the two of us lived in a small flat in New York City, I'd never met my father. See my mom was a witch, and my dad was a nomag, when he found out he left. I'm a witch too. My mom taught me everything I know, schooling me in spells and potions at home, I went to a normal high school, my mom wanted me to be, well. Normal. Went and wanted being the important words in that sentence. See I just found out my mom wasn't my only family after all, her brother, my uncle, lived in London, he taught at a school there for witches and wizards, Hogwarts. My mom told me a bit about it, before she passed, how she went there as a girl and how much fun she had when she was there. She left the UK for New York shortly after leaving Hogwarts, she was only 19, she said she wanted a fresh start in a new place. She never told me why, but she never told me she had a brother either, I'm guessing there's a lot she never told me. So here I am, waiting at Kings Cross station in London to meet my uncle for the first time, my new guardian, my only family.

"Camille?" I hear a man's voice say from behind me, I turn around to see him, his dark hair and eyes startling, he's wearing black robes, a stern but concerned look on his face as he looks at me, "Hello, I'm your uncle, Severus." He reaches his hand out to me and I wearily shake it. He grabs my arm and pulls me through the crowd as we walk towards platforms 9 and 10, my uncle doesn't slow down as we're approaching the wall that stands between them and as I'm about to yell out we walk right through it. I've only ever done magic at home, with my mom, so walking through a wall shook me just a bit. "Here's your ticket, your new things are waiting for you at the school, I've had everything you'll need delivered there. When you arrive, go to Dumbledore's office and you'll be sorted into your house. I will be around if you need me. Try not to need me." My uncle turned and walked away from me as I stood there still in slight shock from the whole walking through a wall thing. The train whistled and it snapped me out of it as I followed the other people onto the train. As I walked past the cars everyone stared at me, no one said a thing. I made eye contact with one boy, he had white blonde hair and sharp grey-blue eyes, he was wearing all black and the mere sight of him sent shivers down my spine. I kept walking not wanting to make a fool out of my self. Suddenly I bumped into a girl both of us almost falling over, "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry!" I said as I helped her pick up her books as she helped pick up mine, "You're American?" She asked, "Oh um yes haha, hi I'm Camille, you can call me Camie." She smiled as she reached out her hand "Hermione Granger, pleased to meet you, come sit with me, I'll introduce you to my friends."