chapter 6

i walked into my chemistry class. patrick waved at me to sit next to him but i went to sit at the back of the class. i had been ignoring patrick since victors party, when he told me that he loved me. it was pretty hard for me but it was for the best.

"hey henry, can we talk?" patrick said. i was hesitant but i had to give him an explanation. "is there something wrong? why do you keep walking away from me?" "im sorry patrick, its really not your fault. you're a great guy but its too soon for this, all of it." "if all you needed was time, you couldve told me. i'll wait as long at it takes, it just feels good to be with you."

we made eye contact but i looked away for a second. while i wasn't looking, he grabbed my hand and i looked at him as if he was the most beautiful thing on earth. why was i staring so hard? maybe it was his jet black hair or his bright green eyes, maybe the way he held my hand or the way he said my name. something about it felt so right to me. right then and there, i knew that i loved patrick too.

i smiled at him, but this smile was a real one. not one that i have while im with victor or belch. "i will never stop loving you henry." "you promise?" i asked. "i promise."