chapter 9

my phone rang, it was 3am. who would be calling me at this time? i answered and heard patricks voice. "hey henry.. i just wanted to tell you that im going." "going?" i asked in confusion. "leaving, moving somewhere else." he replied. "why..?"

"ever since you started avoiding me, its just been hard. i just want to leave everything in the past and start over again. i really didn't know any better and i'm really fucking sorry if i made you upset in any way." i was shocked. "please tell me your fucking joking patrick. you're not actually leaving..right?" he sighed. "i'm going to the airport right now." i hung up. i couldn't even take in what was happening. next thing i know, i was putting on my shoes and calling victor to take me to the airport.

"patricks actually leaving? is it because of what happened between y'all?" i nodded. when we got there, i ran out of the car and went into the building. i was searching for patrick but couldn't see him. "henry?" i heard someone call my name. i looked behind me and saw patrick running over to me.

"i have something to say." i told him.
"i obviously wasn't the best boyfriend to you, and i'm sorry for that. i also forgive you for what you did. i really don't want you to go. and i'll fucking go with you if i have to. its really hard saying goodbye and i don't want to." he smiled and hugged me. i hugged him back tightly. a tear rolled down my cheek. "i love you too patrick. i really fucking do." "i know henry. i wish i could stay but i really do want to start over again. and if i stay in contact with you, then i'll never get to. it's best for me to let you go, and you should do the same henry." he let go of me and started to walk away.

i had to let him go. even if it meant losing the one person that understood me and loved me. i wanted to run after him, and try to stop him, but i walked away. i looked back one more time and saw him board the plane. he didn't look back at me, not once. i got back to victors car. "patrick?" he asked. i shook my head.

a few years had passed, i had graduated highschool. me and greta met again when we were around 19 and i began to like her. i asked her to marry me and we had two boys and one girl. me, victor, and belch were still friends, but we all went our seperate ways after highschool.

i had heard on the news that patrick became a famous chef in new york. i was proud. i never told greta or my kids about me and patrick. greta forgot about him after he left but i never did. i still wonder if he ever thought about me after all these years. i would always love patrick, and he will always have a place in my heart.