Chapter 33: Lost powers. Forgotten memories

The worst pain is watching someone you've known your whole life forget you... slowly...-Memory loss

*Jazzy's POV*

"I think she's waking up! Josh! Josh come here!" My eyes were opening to a bright light and a person standing over me. "Oh my glob!" Once I was fully awake I put my hand over my face to block out the irritating light.

"Where am I?" I asked sitting up "You're in the nursery." Dylan explained "What? Why?" I asked rubbing my eyes. "Rosey rammed you into a tree and dug her claws into you..." Josh said flipping through a clipboard.

"No way. Impossi--" my laughter was drawn short until I saw gauze wrapped around my chest and arm. I bit my lips as I reached my fingers slowly toward the bandages. I pulled them off and saw the large scars "Oh my god..." I gasped throwing my hand over my mouth.

Tears gathered in my eyes as my fingers slowly traced the risen skin from the scratches, my bottom lip was pressed down by my top teeth as the small pinches of pain that coursed through my nerves as I followed the pain.

I looked up at Dylan "Why is he here? Where is Rosey?! She could come and get me!" Anxiety took over my chest as my breathing followed faster and heavily making my blood run faster!

Dylan grabbed my arms and rubbed them soothing me "It's okay, Josh is the one that brought you here. Mason took care of Rosey and stored her in the docks until Josh can escape with her." Dylan explained. I looked at Josh and swallowed the guilt.

"I'm sorry Josh... Thank you for what you did." I meant what I said. "My pleasure. Don't worry about Rosey though, when I get back to my pack I'm putting her in the prison for treason." he assured me grabbing the gauze in his hands.

"You have to keep this on your wounds so they may heal." He wrapped my wounds again. "Where's Mason?" I asked in a whisper "He's outside. I told him he couldn't come in until you were stable." I looked up at him "Well I'm stable, I'm breathing, I'm alive. Let me see him please!" I begged.

"Okay Jazzy I underst--" "No I need to see him now!" I demanded. I then felt a hand on my shoulder I turned "Jazzy, you need calm down. Control remember?" Dylan reminded me.

I nodded and too a deep breath. "Now as Josh was going to say-We understand you're really attached to Mason, that you're unable to bare the fact of being apart for a moment but... we haven't told you the whole news yet. There is one last thing you need to know so we absolutely know that you're stable." Dylan glanced over at Josh and nodded.

I turned back to Josh "what is he talking about?" I turned back to Dylan "what aren't you guys telling me?" I asked. "I think Mason should come in a bit early, Josh..." Dylan had his eyes closed in a painful manner.

Josh nodded and went to the door and called up Mason. Mason came in slowly and we locked eyes and he rushed the bed pulling me into a hug and kissing me repeatedly "I'm so happy you're okay." "I'm happy to see you again." I replied.

"Okay okay you two save the love feast for later." Josh interrupted. Mason sat next to me on the bed holding my hands. "Rosey's scratches were deep... Maybe a bit too deep. See one of the scratches on your arm are from her tooth." Masons grip grew cold.

"Meaning?" I asked "Meaning when Rosey bit you your blood didn't have enough time to process the wolf genes and keep them as a proper part of your body. Her wolf silva had a dominate affect in yours causing them to die out..." my eyes grew wide. "M-Meaning..." I questioned already knowing what he was going to say but hoping I was wrong.

"You're no longer a wolf." I threw my hand over my mouth. "Can't her dad just give her the genes again?" Mason suggested "Roseys silva blocks out any type of his genes to appear again. Another bite from him will just be a bite." Josh explained leaning on a wall.

"So... I'm not a wolf anymore?" I gasped out. Josh looked at me for a moment then to the ground. "Meaning I can't be queen..." I whispered "What? Of course you can still be queen." Mason tried to smile but only more tears came out.

"Mason. If she says that then she can't." Mason stood and scowled at Josh "What are you saying?" He questioned "Im saying once the wolf in her is gone all of the characteristics will slowly disappear as well, she won't be able to sympathizes with our ways as a human. She's gonna start to forget any kind of attachment to this place, you, me, Dylan and Rosey and any other wolf she's come in contact with." Josh explained as he did it felt like my heart was being ripped out.

"Damn..." I whispered pulling my knees up to my chest as tears flowed down my cheeks. "The first time I find any truth in my life, I first meet my real parents, someone I like, friends and my best friend turns out to be my worst enemy... I'm gonna lose it all!" Tears came faster.

"Jazzy it doesn't have to be this way!" Mason tried to make me feel better "How could it not?" I yelled sending the while room quiet. "Mason no matter what you try keeping me around, reminding me everyday it's not gonna work cause it's gonna bring you pain of me not remembering you! Bring me pain for feeling out of place. Bring my people... I mean your people turmoil for not having a functioning queen! Then it's gonna put stress on you and you won't be able to run your kingdom!" I yelled.

"I'm done Mason. Josh we need to go back to school on Monday do you think we could be there before I forget who you are and freak?" I ask. Josh had tears down his cheeks but quickly wiped them away "Ya, I was heading up there anyway." he admitted.

"Great..." I got off the bed and walked to the door and froze. I turned back to Mason and Dylan. I walked to Dylan and hugged him "Thanks for always knowing what to say... visit me..." I whispered "I'll meet you for the first time everyday if I have to..." he whispered back. I smiled and walked to Mason.

I quickly hugged him before I began to cry. He pulled me away and kissed me "I know you haven't felt a lot of love in your life, but I want you to know I will always love you, forever and always." his voiced cracked and tears slipped down his cheeks.

I hugged him again "I love you too baby." I whispered and pulled away wiping my tears and walking out of the room and walking to my bedroom.

Once I got in I locked the door and slipped down the door crying "When good things happen they just never seem to like me enough to stay." I scream at myself.