Chapter 5 - Eyes of a Baken

Julie woke up from her bed feeling refreshed and happy. She notices Charlotte has already left, she must've went to work. Julie gets up and gets dressed, made some breakfast for herself and then left for the bakery. As soon as she arrives at the bakery, Julie sees Lukas "Good morning!" Julie said in a happy tone. "Morning, how did things go last night?" Mr. Fischer asked. "They were amazing! That was incredible!" Julie replied happily. Mr. Fischer smiles "So, Julie what are you doing here? You don't work here anymore remember?" "I know, but I'm looking for Charlotte." Julie says looking around the bakery. "You mean Charlotte? She's actually in the kitchen right now." Mr. Fischer said. "Okay, good, I'll head over there and ask her." Julie said. "Alright, I hope she knows what happened yesterday." Mr. Fischer said while smiling, continuing to work the cash register.
Julie walks towards the kitchen where she finds Charlotte making some bread
"Morning, Charlotte!" Julie greeted her.
"Hi Julie! How are you today?" Charlotte asked.
"I'm really well thank you!" Julie said.
"Oh, wow you look great today too!" Charlotte said.
"So um, shouldn't we go Dr. Harrington already?" Julie suggested.
 "Yeah, but what if something happens, like if I get this cure will I still love you?" Charlotte asked.
Julie looks puzzled "What do you mean?"
"Well what if the cure doesn't work?" Charlotte asked.

Julie smiled "Don't worry Charlotte, I know before you turned into a Baken you always looked up to me right?"

"Y-yeah... But I can't help what I feel!" Charlotte cried.

"Oh no, I won't lose you, don't cry." Julie said holding Charlotte's hand.

"Thank you Julie, I was worried about you because of my disease." Charlotte said.

"No problem, so what're we waiting for?" Julie said.

Together they headed back to Dr. Harrington's office "Hello guys, are you ready?" Dr. Harrington asked as Julie and Charlotte showed up at the door. They go in to get the cure for Charlotte's mental disease, but before they go Julie has to talk to Dr. Harrington about what's in the cure. "I want to make sure that this cure is safe for you Charlotte."

"It's okay, I trust you Julie." Charlotte reassured her.

While Charlotte was left in the patient room alone, Julie asked Dr. Harrington what the cure contained. "First off, it contains the DNA of Baklumina, which causes you to turn into a Baken, along with the bacteria that creates the enzymes that turns your skin into Baklumina bread. It also includes traces of Chamomile to boost the immune system and stabilize any unnatural effects to the mind."

"And that's it?" Julie asked.

"Yes, that's all," Dr. Harrington said.

"Okay, well let's go give Charlotte the cure." Julie said.

Both Julie and Dr. Harrington walk back to the patient room and say to Charlotte "Are you ready now?"

"Sure!" Charlotte replied.

Dr. Harrington takes out the cure puts it in a syringe, injects the cure into Charlotte. After giving her the cure she could feel her body begin to change, it felt like she was falling asleep. Suddenly she woke up, she realize she didn't have the same attraction to Julie or Dr. Harrington, but while her mental disorder was gone, the eye power she had, to see auras around people, caused her to see a strange aura around Dr. Harrington. Though he wasn't a bad guy, Charlotte didn't know him that well, she only just met this doctor a few days ago at the restaurant.

Charlotte told Julie "I wanna go home now."

"Okay, let me take you back to my house" Julie said.

Once Charlotte and Julie arrive at Julie's house, Julie goes and gets her clothes and prepares a nice hot shower for Charlotte. While taking care of Charlotte, Julie start to thinking about what the cure did to her, did Charlotte still have an attraction to her? She asked herself. "Charlotte, what do you think of me?" Julie asked