Moving

Today was the day. The day that I had been dreading

"Do you have all your stuff?" My dad asked in an eager voice.

"Yes." I muttered

"Comeon, you know I'm trying to make this exciting for you."

"I know, I know, I'm sorry."

I wasn't really sorry; I just felt bad for him. We were temporarily moving to my dad's friend's clan. There was an illness outbreak that spread among all their fishermen, and the whole clan has been left with a limited food supply. Tonowari (the clan leader) got in touch with my dad to come over and help him out. I know 2 weeks isn't a long time, but it is for me. Being away from home is my worst nightmare. I felt safe here; I could be alone away from other people.

"Y/N, your father is waiting. Let's sìltsan! (Let's go)" My mom hurried off to her skimwing. I sighed in response and dragged myself out of our maruis. I turned around to have one last look at what I would be leaving behind. I clutched onto my bracelet that my friend Aru'ki made for me. I was going to miss her while I was gone. "Any kerusey zoplo (any day now)" My father complained.

I turned and jogged slightly until I reached the water. I called for my ilu and watched as she leaped out of the water. A large grin formed on my face at the sight of Orianna (my ilu). I wasted no time and climbed onto her. "Hey," I said, resting my head on the back of her neck. Orianna let out a shudder of excitement.

"Forward," my dad commanded his skimwing. He dove straight into the water and set off, and my mom followed. "Let's go, ori," I stated. She gracefully glided through the water. I took the time to admire the ocean in all its glory. I remembered what my mother used to say to me when I was younger. 'The way of water has no beginning and no end. Our hearts beat in the womb of the world. The sea is your home, before your birth and after your death. The sea gives and the sea takes'. I closed my eyes and drifted into my thoughts.

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗

"Good to see you, brother," my father said, tapping Tonowari on his back. My mother made a hand gesture to Ronal the clans Tsahk (female clan leader). "Hello, y/n. Wow, you have grown so much!" Ronal greeted me. "Hello," I smiled awkwardly, not wanting to speak. "Thank you for doing this for our clan," Tonowari grinned and greeted the three of us. "Better get straight to it," my father practically jumped with joy. How could he be so excited about doing someone else's work? Tonowari walked over to me with the largest grin. "Ahh, y/n, it's nice to see you. Since your parents are off to the fishing spot, my daughter Tsireya offered to show you our place." He signals over to a short, long-haired girl who shot up to come and see me. "Hello, I'm Tsireya. Nice to meet you," she held her hand out, and I reluctantly shook it. "I'm y/n," I murmered. "I'm sure you two will get along," Tonowari encouraged us as he walked off.