CHAPTER 4 - THE LOCKER ROOM

THE LOCKER ROOM

HAPPY STRANGER THINGS DAY! Sorry for no chapter last week. I know I keep repeating this but I'm just busy with life stuff and when I do get free time I like to just 'chill'. But... I didn't not want to write something for Stranger Things day...

TRIGGER WARNING

Joseph stood, leaning on the corner of Chrissy's house, while Lucas sat next to Jason, still crying his eyes out. Lucas was rubbing Jason's back, trying to console him as best he could.

It made Joseph sick to his stomach.

All of a sudden, Chief of Police Officer Powell approached Joseph.

"Joseph Samuels?" Powell asks.

Joseph looked up at him, "Yes, sir?"

"Hi... Do you mind if I ask you some questions?"

Joseph sighed.

Well, I can't tell him that I saw a 'vision' of Chrissy dying.

"Um, yeah. I mean, I didn't know Chrissy at all. I-"

"Then why are you at her house?" Powell cut him off.

Shit... He's playing 'bad cop'. This'll be fun.

Joseph took a deep breath, "I, um... Lucas knows her better. He's good friends with Jason, and, well, Chrissy is, or... WAS... Jason's girlfriend."

"That doesn't answer my question."

Joseph can feel his heart rate rise.

I didn't do anything. I'll be fine.

"Me and Lucas were going for a jog."

"At 7 O'Clock at night?"

Joseph shrugged, "Yeah. Me and Lucas were at the arcade. Ask him, ask anyone, they'll verify we were there. Me and Lucas were eating junk food and drinking soda, we wanted to burn the calories."

"Sure. But why HERE specifically?"

Joseph shrugs again, "I don't know, ask Lucas. He started and I followed his lead."

Powell's eyes are still very stern and serious, "I live near Lucas. I see him go out for jogs. Sometimes when I take my garbage out in the morning I'll see him and smile and wave. I've never seen him jog at 7 O'Clock at ni-"

"And where are you usually at at 7 O'Clock at night?" Joseph cuts him off, basically meaning to return the favor from a second ago.

Powell visibly isn't amused, but responds, "At the station."

"Yep. So there you go. Look... I can see it in your eyes. I'd never murder someone like that... but if I was... It wouldn't be Chrissy Cunningham. I didn't know her well, but I knew she was sweet, kind, and friendly... She should've lived a full life. But now she's gone forever, and my best friend over there is trying to console her boyfriend!" Joseph yells.

Powell sighs, "Alright, fine... I'll go talk to Sinclair."

Powell walks off.

Asshole.

Joseph keeps standing on the wall, leaning on it, looking out at the dark night sky.

There's an unmistakable fog of death in the air.

The vision of Lucas dying, being stabbed to death by Jason and lying dead on the ground still plays on loop in Joseph's head.

And now Chrissy actually is dead.

And Joseph saw a vision of it before.

He couldn't wrap his head around any of it.

I saw Chrissy die... And she's actually dead. I saw Lucas die... But he's fine, thank god. What does any of this mean?