CHAPTER 6 - NIGHTMARE

Joseph and Lucas walk into the upstairs hallway. Lucas looks over at him,

"Ok Joseph... what is it?"

Joseph takes a deep breath.
"You're not gonna believe me if I told you."

Lucas sighs, "Is this about that thing that happened to you on Saturday? When your eyes rolled to the back of your head and you refused to tell me why?"

Joseph nods, "Yeah... it is. Look, you're not gonna believe me, but... I'm having visions that I think are of the future."

Lucas raises an eyebrow, "What are you talking about?"

"On Friday night, I had the dream of you getting stabbed to death by Jason-"

"Which would never happen, because Jason is like a brother to me."

Joseph sighs, "Right, sure... But it happened. And then when we were in the arcade, all of a sudden out of nowhere... I had a vision of Chrissy dying."

Lucas looks down and shakes his head, "This isn't funny, Joseph."

"Lucas! It's true! I had a vision of Chrissy dying, and then minutes later, it happened! I swear to god!"

Lucas just looks at Joseph, not saying anything... clearly unamused.
"Lucas, why would I make this up?! Seriously?!"

Lucas sighs, "That's what I'm asking myself right now, Joseph."

"Lucas, please! Look, remember that phrase we came up with when we were 12? Friends don't lie? I've ALWAYS believed that! And remember how it was ME that showed up to your basketball game last March? Not Mike, not Dustin, not Max... ME. I would NEVER lie to you!" Joseph pleads.

Lucas looks down and sighs, "Joseph, I wanna believe you, I do," he looks back up, "But this is ridiculous. Visions of the future? Of people dying. And don't even think about saying you had some vision of Patrick dying... Because if that was true... That means you could've saved him."

Joseph takes a deep breath. He decides to lie,

"I didn't have a vision of Patrick, no. But even if I did... you seriously think I would've run up to some guy I barley know and been like, "Hey, I had a vision of you dying'"

Lucas sighs, "Well... When I came down to the basement, you were having another episode."

Joseph takes a deep breath, "I saw you dying again. You and... Max."

Lucas clenches his fists and his eyes grows serious, "Don't pull Max into this, Joseph... That is walking on some VERY thin ice."

Now Joseph looks truly desperate, "Lucas, please, for the love of god, I'm not lying! Ok! Lucas... you ARE my brother. Ok?! I love you! You know I do!"

Lucas takes a deep breath, "Joseph... I love you... which is why you're breaking my heart here."

"Lucas, please! Please believe me."

Lucas looks down again, "Ok... say you are telling the truth... you had a dream of me dying on Friday night. I didn't die. You had a vision of Chrissy dying, she was dead minutes later. You say you had a vision of me and Max dying... what exactly happened?"

Joseph takes a deep breath as he remembers his second horrible vision, "It was you and Max out in the woods. You were talking to her, saying something like... You didn't see her before, but you could see her now. She said she had to pee. You stood around waiting for her to come back, but... this guy in a Ghostface mask-"

"How do you know that?" Lucas interrupts him.

"...Know what?" Joseph asks.

"I, um..." Lucas scratches his head, trying to contain his emotion, "I was the one who found Patrick."