First two months

Kun gave the three guys in front of him a hard glare, sizing them up in his mind. He knew they were supposed to be caring for him and the other five kids next to him but that didn't mean Kun instantly trusted them. He had never met these guys before.

"Who are you?" Kun wondered.

"I'm Taeil, that's Johnny and Yuta. You can trust us" Taeil hoped the boys would trust him and his friends but he couldn't force them to.

"Okay cool! Can we get ice cream?" Winwin wondered.

"Sure" Yuta nodded.

"I trust him" Winwin turned to Kun.

"Winwin, you can't just trust someone because they give you ice cream" Ten scolded.

"But...ice cream" Winwin argued. Ten shook his head, taking the younger's hands. Winwin pulled away from him and went to Yuta, clinging to him. Kun knew that the rest of them had no choice but to go along with what Winwin was doing so he took Yangyang's hand and walked over to Johnny, keeping his distance still. Hendery ran over with Xiaojun and Ten followed, looking annoyed. 

"Can we get ice cream now?" Winwin looked up at Yuta, smiling. Yuta nodded and the group went to the store, letting all the kids pick out some ice cream to take back. The dorms had been moved around a bit and two of the three members of 127 got moved into a larger dorm with the six kids. Taeil still had to stay with the members of 127 that were underaged mostly to help Taeyong out because dealing with three teenagers was no easy job. Despite not knowing each other up until that day, things went pretty well for Johnny and Yuta but they both knew that it was not always going to be so easy for them, especially once the six boys got comfortable and started testing limits. And it was not long before that happened. 

"But I don't want to go to the company with you!" Yangyang shut his eyes tightly, yelling as loud as he could. His face was turning red and Johnny almost feared that Yangyang was going to pass out from lack of oxygen. 

"Well too bad kid. I told you to go put your shoes on so now you need to do it. If I have to say it again, you'll spend the rest of the day in your room alone. Do you want that?" Johnny knew that he had to remain firm and not give in to the maknae. Yangyang looked at him like Johnny was some monster and then he started to cry loudly and crumbled to the floor. Winwin and Ten peeked in, watching with amused smiles. Yuta came in after them and chased the two boys off before looking at the scene in front of him.

"I'm done" Johnny put his hands up and walked out, giving up. Yangyang just cried harder. 

"Yangyang, get up and stop crying. I know your faking it" Yuta spoke firmly and it actually worked. The maknae stopped fake crying and got up, going to put his shoes on like Johnny had told him to. Yuta walked off to find his friend.

"You know he was just messing with you. He was faking it the entire time" Yuta pointed out. Johnny looked at him disbelievingly. He had thought that Yangyang was actually crying but of course the kid tricked him and Johnny fell for it. 

"I don't think I'm cut out for this whole raising a kid thing" Johnny admitted. 

"What are you talking about? We raised Doyoung, Jaehyun and Jungwoo and their turning out fine" Yuta pointed out. Even though NCT had not yet debuted, the oldest four had been raising the youngest 127 members since Doyoung was fifteen and Jaehyun and Jungwoo were twelve. 

"No, Taeyong and Taeil-hyung raised them. We babysat when they were too busy and now the company wants us to raise six boys by ourselves?" Johnny corrected.

"We got this. It's been two months, nothing is going to happen right away. Just be patient with yourself" Yuta assured him and then left to make sure all the kids were ready to go to the company. Johnny knew he was right so he took a deep breath and went out to join Yuta as they went to the company.