03

|| CHAPTER THREE ||

|| CHAPTER THREE ||

The meeting concluded smoothly, leaving our client impressed with our work. Luna had masterfully presented the demonstration, and all the requested adjustments had been implemented in the blueprint.

"Mr. Park, we are on board, and your team truly impressed me today," Kelly Bluu, our client, commended as she rose and extended her hand toward our CEO for a handshake.

The CEO observed the room, offering a faint smile before shaking her hand. Their exchange quickly took a flirtatious turn, which prompted everyone to avert their eyes and engage in hushed conversations. My phone vibrated in my blazer pocket as the group chat in our department buzzed with messages. I was well aware of the topic of their discussion.

With an exasperated eye-roll, I turned my attention away from the scene and began to prepare my belongings.

Luna nudged me, curious, "What's going on?"

I responded with a look that conveyed, "Don't you see?"

"Tell me."

"This is outrageous. With his employees present, they should show more responsibility, don't you think?" I remarked as I began collecting my files. I neatly arranged my belongings in my briefcase, securely locking it. Then, I approached them and flashed a sweet smile at Kelly Bluu.

"Ms. Bluu, I'm Natasha Darner, the HOD."

"Oh, Ms. Darner, I've heard about you. You're exceptional at your work," she acknowledged with a nod. Her words were nothing new to me, as I had received countless compliments before. "Jimin, it's a shame you have Ms. Darner in your company. We offered her a job about a year ago, and she chose you over us."

I was taken aback by her statement and momentarily lost for words. Before I could formulate a response, Jimin nodded at her and discreetly placed his hands behind his back.

Before Kelly could continue, Valerie, Jimin's personal assistant, approached and guided her out of the room. Nevertheless, Kelly smiled at me and expressed her desire to speak with me in the near future. I graciously acknowledged her sentiments and turned my attention to our CEO.

"Sir-" I began, eager to address him, but he exited the meeting room, his phone to his ear, although he appeared to be listening rather than speaking.

I followed him out of the room. Despite our turbulent history, he was still the CEO, and I needed to establish a working relationship with him. Straining our professional relationship would only make my work life more challenging. His attitude and behavior could easily transform him into a typical demanding CEO.

I watched as he crossed the hallway, traversed the corridor, and entered the main office before heading into his own room. I shut the door behind him.

"Mr. Park," I said firmly, but he continued to ignore me. Why was he ignoring me?