Chapter Eight; Fatality

TW: Fighting, blood

Florian sat at the hilltop, looking down at the soon-to-be battlefield. He had always been the most passive admin, and this was no exception. He didn't want to fight, no matter how much the others asked him too.

Florian worked with healing, not fighting.

Florian was very worried. His visions were mysteriously blank. Rafessor had briefly mentioned how he saw futures where someone died, but never more than one. Florian was desperately holding onto the vision where no one died, but the panic still bubbled beneath the surface.

Thats why Florian was in the sidelines, waiting to jump in to pull someone out, though he had a feeling he knew who that someone would be.

Sigils had been the first to arrive, with Jerome and Henwy very close behind. Rafessor and Frost were now approaching, having just finished telling Florian his role.

Biffle had been drawn outside by the sudden outburst of emotions coming from SSundee's front lawn.

The owner of the house followed soon after. Both enemies wore sleek grey armor, almost black. A sleek orange glass formed eyes that could be seen through only by the one wearing the helmet. Twisted black horns protruded from the back of the helmets, followed by three spines along the neck. Wings sprouted from the shoulder blades, shaped almost crystal-like. Around the duo's waists, blue rib-like markings were embedded into the armor. SSundee's being of diamonds, while Biffle's was of lapis.

Chaos Guardian armor. Florian thought to himself. They've sure been busy.

Sigils flexed his claws and narrowed his eyes. SSundee tilted his chin up, "Figured you would have died."

"Don't sound so disappointed, now," Sigils replied sarcastically. He snapped his attention to Biffle, "And don't look so disappointed."

Biffle did not respond.

Henwy stepped in front of Sigils and drew a wing in front of him, holding the Enderman back. "Look," Henwy started, "I know we've all had our differences, but we're going to kill each other if we don't put them aside."

"They did try to kill Sigils, so who says they care anymore," Jerome said quietly.

"I didn't intend to-," Biffle started, but was cut off by Sigils.

"You hit me with the Soul Stone!"

"I-!" Biffle started to protest, but SSundee put an arm in front of him, shushing him.

"Do you really think I'm going to peacefully hand over everything?" SSundee hissed, his voice even and filled with venom. "Have you already forgotten what happened last time? I wouldn't be surprised if you have, since you experienced none of the backlash."

Henwy flared his wings. Sigils snarled and darted forward, momentarily winking out of existence before reappearing directly in front of Biffle, claws lashing at his armor, which was already marked with previous slashes.

SSundee moved to grab Sigils, but Henwy had lashed out as well, his sword cutting at SSundee's shoulder. The metal shrieked, but the sword didn't cut completely through, instead leaving a burning mark.

SSundee hissed and whirled, knocking Henwy down with his arm. Spikes jutted out of the armor, catching the corner of Henwy's helmet and knocking it off. Henwy fell to the ground with a grunt. SSundee reached out to claw Henwy, but the avian rolled away in time to miss the claws that almost slashed his face. SSundee was about to strike again when Jerome leaped. The bear collided with SSundee's side, knocking him sideways and causing the two to roll across the grass. A blast of ice narrowly missed the two, and instead flew overhead and slammed directly into Biffle's shoulder, preventing him from slicing Sigils with his claws.