Testing the waters (slight changes)

*October 20th at exactly 11:26, the rain was pouring outside, here in an office was Cody, staring up at a board with random newspaper and photos scattered around on it, it was a dark room with the only light being the light overtop of the bulletin board*

*Cody was drinking hot cocoa thinking about who the mysterious thief could be, suddenly a person at the doorframe turns on the light, it was Owen*

"Heya Cody!!"

*Owen said with a smile, he waved at Cody, Cody noticed the fact he had a donut box in his hands Cody got a little more annoyed at that fact. Owen walked over to Cody and offered him a donut*

"I'm good.. thanks"

*Cody said with a hint of annoyance in his tone, he was trying to figure out who this thief was and his partner was slacking off!... he couldn't believe it, he was about to say something about it but before he could another person walks into the office*

"Alright that's enough slacking you two... its been a week and yet you guys are still on the first clue!... how long does it take to at least get through the first clue!?"

*it was their leader detective, Bridgette, she was the lead detective for a reason, she cracked every case she worked on... almost every case...*

"Hey!, I'm not slacking I just have other things to do.."

*it was true Cody was doing other things, he was trying to figure out why Bridgette wasn't able to figure out the infamous case of the deck of cards thief*

"Well work comes first... I need to switch partners for you two.. hm"

*Cody lights up, maybe he would be able to work with Bridgette instead of Owen*

"Owen you're with Noah and Cody is with the guy who just transferred"

*Cody was surprised, he thought he would work with Bridgette not some random*

"Wouldn't you like to work on this case with me though?"

*Cody asked, he was surprised that Bridgette didn't want to solve a case with him*

"I'm taking a break from detective work... this guy is an amazing detective and you'll become great partners with him"

*Bridgette walks out of the office, Owen was just standing there looking at Cody while he was eating a donut, Cody's jaw was dropped*

"...she's taking a break?!.."

*Cody stands there in disbelief, Owen slowly leaves so he can give Cody some space*

"She's taking a break... wow.. but this is important.. why would she ever want to take a break?"

*Cody thought, it seemed like a foreign concept to him, he never taken a break before... not like he ever wanted to.. or more like never like he needed to*

*izzy suddenly walks into the office*

"Hey codester! Owen said you were... not doing so great after the news.."