Why (Rewritten, old verison was criminally bad lol)

*Cody looked over to izzy, he sighed and sat down*

"Y'know I never thought she would take a break... especially after so long I've been waiting for her to become my partner for one case.."

*izzy walked over to Cody and placed her hand on his shoulder*

"Look I'm sure its fine... you'll get to be her partner for a case... eventually.. but for now... I heard from someone that you got a new partner!" *izzy smiled clearly trying to lighten the mood*

*Cody sighed, but he responded because he knew that izzy was just trying to cheer him up*

"Yeah... I did, Bridgette was pretty vague about it though... so its a surprise.." *Cody looked up at the bulletin board*

"But I don't think I'll meet them... I was really hoping I could work on this case with Bridgette, maybe then I'll always be her partner for cases.. no offense izzy"

*izzy smiled*

"None taken, I like my new partner so its fine.. I don't mind Bridgette getting new partners so no need to worry about it"

*Cody smiled more widely this time*

"Well I'm glad but still... I mean a new partner?, for all I know Bridgette could've been lying about him being any good.. maybe its just a trainee that she decided to dump on me"

*izzy shook her head slightly*

"He's not a trainee.. he's actually a really talented detective, I use to help him along with Bridgette on their cases.. but y'know the case happened and it just tore them apart.."

*izzy sighed*

"But I'm glad she's giving him another chance again... she was so distraught last time" *izzy frowned a tiny bit but she quickly smiled*

*Cody just nodded his head*
"Yeah.. I don't know much about what happened but.. I'll figure it out, I got this whole thing i'm going to do, I'm going to solve her unsolved case and when I do I'm going to tell her so she'll be happy and she'll thank me and I'll finally prove my worth to her" *Cody smiles widely, he was so excited for this plan.. such a shame*

*izzy quickly said*
"Don't!"

*Cody was caught off guard by Izzy's sudden shouting*

"What do you mean don't?... it was clear she was super distraught about not being able to solve the case.. obviously I want to help her be at peace"

*izzy shook her head and crossed her arms*
"Don't, she didn't want it solved and she didn't ask for your help... don't involve yourself in things that don't concern you"

*izzy immediately apologized*
"I'm sorry for my rudeness earlier... some things are just.. not meant to be solved.. and I don't think she'll be very happy when you tell her you solved it.."

*this just made Cody confused, who wouldn't want to know who the person behind the unsolvable case was*

"She would love it, I know that Bridgette tried her hardest to figure it out and I'm sure she would be more than happy to know who was behind it"

*izzy just sighed*
"I'm not going to tell you what to do.. but I know Bridgette more than you do and I know that bringing up this case will only cause more issues... just go to the cafe, I'll be there with my new partner.. its where you'll find yours too"

*and with that izzy left, Cody was confused but he didn't question it more, now Cody was determining to find out what happened*