5

Haya tagged along with Shahzain to visit the hospital as she was restless about Hamza's condition. Shahzain also thought it would be a good thing if Haya stood by Atif's side in this tough situation as they are soon going to be life partners.

Once they reached the hospital, Shahzain asked Haya to reach Hamza's room, while he would just quickly go and make a phone call to Shazia and inform her about the discussions happened at the Qureshi house. 

As soon as Haya walked towards Hamza's room, she spotted Atif walking out of the room, talking to someone on call and walking the opposite direction. Ignoring him, she walked in Hamza's room as her top priority and concern was little Hamza who in the last two months had become her lifeline. She already felt maternal for him, probably since the day he was born.

Her heart stopped seeing Hamza in that state, looking extremely pale, having a drip attached to his little body. Rushing towards his bedside, she squirted a little sanitizer in her palm him from the hospital provided sanitizer bottle and touched his forehead to see if he was feverish, and he was. 

"Ya Allah! Kya ho gaya Hamza ko?" She muttered and kissed his forehead, as she settled on the chair by his side, holding his tiny fingers in her arms. He used to be a chubby baby when he was born, but within two months, he lost all that chubbiness, which now made sense. He needed  his mother's milk. 

"Meri jaan, jaldi uthein aur dekhein hamari taraf aapki pyaari aakhon se, hum taras rahein hain aapki choti si muskaan ke liye" She kissed his little fingers which were one of her favorite things about him. She loved his finger, and his little toes and even his button nose. She loved him the most.

She turned towards the door as she heard the door open, and stood up immediately as she saw Atif walk in the room. She quickly touched her dupatta to make sure it wasn't out of place, which thankfully it wasn't. Atif's stance looked tired and his face stressed. 

"Assalam Walaikum, Aapi? Aap yahan?" She internally scrunched her nose at the title used, but replied meekly, "Walaikum Assalam! Wo- woh, maamu aaye thein ghar, unhone bataya Hamza ki tabyat ke baarein mein, toh hum unke saath hi aagaye" 

Atif nodded and walked towards Hamza's bed, settling on the opposite side, asking her, "Abbu kahan hain?"

Settling back down on her chair, Haya replied, "Woh mami jaan ko call karne gaye hain"

An awkward silence prevailed between them. None of them knew what to say as both of them were aware of their situation. Atif knew if she is here, that means his dad did fulfill his promise to his mother of making Haya their daughter-in-law. 

"Doctor ne kya kaha?" she asked, trying to evade the thick, tension-filled silence of the room. 

Atif looked at her, as if calculating something which was also making Haya extremely nervous, before answering her question, "Hamza ko 3 din under observation rakhenge aur joh bhi vitals ki kami hain unke body mein, woh unhein drips ke through denge" 

Haya nodded and both of them looked at their little lifeline, who for the first time was so silent. His pale face saddened the duo thoroughly. 

-

Here in the Hospital's lobby, Shahzain called Shazia and walked towards the hospital garden. He smiled seeing a lot of nurses walking their patients, patiently, while some tensed and tired relatives strolled the garden, some trying to arrange finances, some crying and mourning, some answering work calls.

A hospital, can be one of the most painful places and requires Allah's attention and guidance almost at all times. 

"Assalam Walaikum" Shahzain heard Shazia's voice as she answered the call. Greeting back, Shahzain continued, "Main Irham Aapi ke ghar gaya tha, waha bohot kuch hua hai joh main tumhe ghar aake sukoon se bataunga lekin filhal maine tumhe ek achi khabar dene ko call kia hain"