8

"Assalam walaikum" Dr. Shahid greeted Haya, entering the ward. Haya immediately glanced at Atif who'd been standing next to her by now before muttering a quick Salam back.

Atif held her gaze and smiled at her, seeing her respect for him and their newly bound relationship. Turning his gaze to Dr. Khan, who was now looking in the file forwarded by the nurse, he asked, "Sab khairiyat hai na Dr. Khan?"

Dr. Khan turned nodded at the inquiry, as he still kept reading the file. "Sab khairiyat hai. Filhal aap Hamza ko ghar le kar jaa saktein hain, lekin inhe infection wapas aa sakta hai, toh dhyaan rakheinga ke zyada sard mausam mein na jaye"

Atif nodded and asked, "Aur Haya ko treatment ke liye kab aana hoga? Aur kitna time lagega treatment ko kaam karne mein?"

Dr. Khan gave the file back to the nurse and answered Atif, "Iske liye aapko hamare hospital ke Obstetrician se baat karni hogi. Woh aapko iss procedure ke baare mein sab batayengi aur madad karengi"

The couple nodded and waited for the doctor to finish writing the prescription for them. Handing the prescription over to them, Dr. Khan told Atif, "Aap discharge formalities kar ke Hamza ko leke jaa saktein hain"

The doctor along with the nurse left the room and Atif turned to Haya, "Main formalities karke aata hoon, fir Ammi aur Abbu Hamza ko ghar le kar jaa sakte hain, hum yahi koi obstetrician ki appointment le lete hai, theek hai?"

Haya nodded as an answer, followed by, "Hamza thode der mein jaagenge, main unka diaper change kar deti hoon warna Mami ko karna padega"

Atif nodded and left the room, while Haya sat in front of a sleeping Hamza, with the diaper changing amenities.

The families came back in the room and the chatter followed. It was still a little awkward between the families especially with Irham, but they refused to address the issue.

They're all content with their kids coming together for a little life. Their values and morals shined as they showed their responsible attitude.

-

"Dekhein Mrs. Siddiqui, yeh procedure aapke body pe kaafi asar karega. Swollen breasts, regular fatigue, sometimes in some cases, hormonal changes, emotional traumas, kaafi logo ko migraine bhi hota hai" They were currently settled in the doctor's cabin where Dr. Safeena was explaining to the couple about the pro's and con's of the procedure.

"Ji doctor, mujhe chalega.. Yeh procedure karne ke baad kitne time tak wait karna hoga for me to be able to feed?" Haya asked, not worried about her newly wedded husband sitting right next to her.

Atif sat there grasping everything he could. If as a father it's his duty to give his child the best possible life, then as a husband it's his duty to know everything that can change his wife's life around.

He'd want to take all the right measures to make sure that his wife goes through this journey with as much ease as possible.

"Minimum 2 days to maximum 4 days" The doctor answered Haya's question, who nodded, asking another right after, "Aur artificially created milk will be good for the baby?"

"Ji bilkul, kyuki although it is artificially created, it's still coming from an actual human. So whatever you eat, those will be the nutrition he gets"

"And are there any medicines I'll have to take to keep producing?" Haya's questions seemed unending, but Atif was glad that she has thought about this, way more than he has.

"Ji nahi, just like you'll do a procedure to start producing milk, you'll have to undergo another procedure to stop producing when the child is no more in need of breast milk"