1

The harsh noon rays hit Islamabad in a wrathful manner as the summer hit it's peak. The city which is always a witness of crowds during all seasons, at all times, is no different currently.

Amidst the chaotic city's elite surroundings, where the city's successful businesses stand tall, stood a 12 storey mirror based building with the glow signage at top reading, "Siddiqui Enterprise"

The Siddiqui's, being one of the most influential families in Islamabad, have seen more ups and downs in business than others, given the fact there's always people trying to pull them down.

Their business, which initially started as a small scale trade business in the year 1985, is now a multi faceted business with major influence in marketing, advertising and PR.

The 12 storey building includes the best of all world, as it has a dedicated floor for all of their caterings; marketing, PR, advertising, trade and more. They even have a floor dedicated especially for the production of mini ads and promotions.

The 11th floor of the building is dedicated to the CEO and Board members with a dedicated board room for serious and weekly meetings.

The last floor is Siddiqui's private penthouse where the men take rest after hectic schedules and do not have time to get back home.

The penthouse is also a shelter for the siblings for when they want to spend time away from the world.

Currently, Atif Siddiqui is sitting after an impromptu meeting with his staff, in his magnanimous cabin which by the looks of it is extremely luxurious but lacks 'life'. The floors to the furniture to the curtains and the huge mahogany table in the middle of the room is a perfect mesh of expensive black and charming white.

Multiple awards won in the past years placed neatly on top of the bookshelf in the extreme right end of the room, providing authenticity to the business.

The entire cabin lacked any personal pictures of the family since the Siddiqui's believed in 'never show your weakness off' and any personal pictures can be a proof for other business magnates that their families are their lives.

Atif, who would always take weekends off to give time to his new born, was here in the office today because his father was feeling unwell.

Given his health these days, Atif knew that his weekends are going to be cut short to just having Sunday's off, very soon.

The ringing of his phone brought his attention to time, and he sighed cracking his neck a few times. It was his aapi calling him from home.

"Assalam Walaikum" He spoke as he picked up the call.

"Walaikum Assalam Atif, tum kaha ho? Humein aaj Hamza ko doctor ke paas le jaana tha, unka regular checkup karaane" Atif ran his tongue over his lower lip before biting it, he'd completely forgotten about this.

"Mai abhi toh office mein hoon, lekin aap Hamza ko tayyar karein, mai aadhe ghante mein ghar aa jaunga" He heard her sigh as there was a distinct cry in the background.

"Acha theek hain, lekin tum sambhal ke gaadi chalana. Khuda haafiz" Before he could respond, the line went dead.

He looked at the pile of files which needed his attention too. Sighing, he asked his assistant to send all these files to his home. He needed to be there for his baby right now.

Turning his laptop off, he picked up his phone and coat from the chair rest and left the room, ordering his assistant to send his laptop along with the files.

-

Here at the Siddiqui mansion, which was more like an age old ancestral villa, with vintage designs and elegance, the chatter of the 2 ladies in the house were heard in the living room's couch and little Hamza was all coddled up in his Daadi's arms, wrapped in a proper swaddle.