Chapter 8*

The following days are very weird. Dad and Wanda don't speak about the argument they had but it's clearly looming above them. Both are a lot less affectionate towards each other, much to my liking. I hate watching them fight but it is definitely good for my jealousy when they don't touch or kiss all the time. Dad is working late and early pretty much every day now and I catch Wanda huffing or rolling her eyes at that. Whatever it is that is brewing, it is soon going to explode.

"So, what's today's plan?" Dad asks during breakfast five days later. The air is charged and it's only a matter of time until this is going to explode. We can play happy family all we want, it won't change anything.

"I'm going to the library to take some books back and then go over to Jessica's for a sleep over." I answer, trying my best not to look at Wanda.

"I'll be away this afternoon too. They need some more helpers to volunteer. We are planning something huge and wanted to combine it with some team-building. I'll be gone for the night." She answers. I look down at my cereal, knowing fully well that that's a lie, at least partly.

She does have some volunteer work to do today but it is only showing up at an event. Just like I really have to take some books to the library but there's no sleepover. Wanda wanted to spend a night with me without the chance of getting caught, so she booked a hotel room for us to stay in. I'm excited for it because we haven't properly slept together since the last movie night and that was mind blowing. Tonight it will be just the two of us without any worry of getting caught.

"So, I have the house to myself tonight." Dad states. He sounds less enthusiastic than he pretends to be. If the tension in this house wasn't so high, we might have stayed here but Wanda and I both need a night where it's just the two of us.

"Yes, you do. But maybe you can find some work to do." Wanda jibes.
Their eyes meet and I almost see sparks fly but not the ones of sexual tension. I swallow and awkwardly eat the rest of my breakfast.

"Alright, I'm up to pack my back before heading out." I tell them. Dad gets up and pulls me into a hug. I'm a little surprised by that but return it.

"Have fun with your friend, pumpkin." He tells me. I give him a half smile and nod. This is only slightly weird for him but he has every right to miss me tonight.

The library is quickly done, so I get some more time in the hotel room. I check in and look around. The room isn't big but clean and looks kinda classy. The king-sized bed takes up most of the space but that's perfectly fine, we don't need closet space anyway.

I prep the bed and look through my bag until I find what I've been looking for: a simple set of lingerie.
I didn't want to make it too complicated because I don't own any other lingerie and the ones with too many straps and fabric seems so difficult to put on.
Mine is a simple but elegant two piece. It's all lace, hiding close to nothing. The bra pushes my breasts up a little and makes me feel very sexy. The string tanga is a little uncomfortable but I don't plan on wearing it long anyway.

Pretty much at exactly six pm, the door opens again and I smile at Wanda. She closes the door behind her and turns around. Her eyes widen at the robe I'm wearing, hiding whatever is underneath. But there's more going on in her face. She has a little frown on there and her whole body seems slightly tense.

"What's going on?" I ask and step up to her. She looks at me and puts on a smile.

"Nothing. You just look absolutely amazing, sweetheart." She compliments me and kicks off her shoes and starts to unbutton her blouse. I'm happy about the compliment but this isn't right. I stop her hand and look up at her.

"Talk to me." I say. She locks eyes with me for a few seconds and then sighs and stops fiddling with the button. I take her hand and lead her to the bed to sit on. Her state worries me, there isn't much that could get her this upset. Maybe it was something at work.