Chapter 4: Forgotten Ace

For the first time since a while ago, my alarm sounded. My eyes opened, and immediately I stood right up. Turning the alarm off I tidied up my bed.

I then went ahead with my short morning exercise, a warm up. My energy doesn't match someone who just woke up, but the reason my body can act like this was thanks to my 9 hour sleep and excitement for the day.

It was our first Official Match being hosted by the Senshado Federation since they want to practice using drones for upcoming events.

Our team would work in conjunction with the highschool Senshado team Bellwall Academy. It makes us a 9 tank team against 15 from the Frostbite University.

Ashurii already told us that we're at a massive disadvantage thanks to Frostbite mainly fielding Korean War Era Tanks.

However, my morale and hopes are high.-Wearing our embroided uniforms, I wore my jacket complete with our ace insignia and smiled at the mirror.- Because our Commander is Ashurii Taniguchi the miracle shrine herself.

Exiting my room I came across my sister, "Kaori, Morning are you ready?" She asked me straightforwardly.

"Never been ready since I was born!" I expressed jumping in excitement.

"That's the spirit! Father, we're now leaving!" Hatsuki-nee smiled And puffed her chest proudly.

"Good luck out there Girls, I'll be rooting for your match!"

Leaving the house we grabbed our lunch and went to the garage.

Reaching our garage, there Rose was already there adding a finishing touch to a chalk camo. Ashurii pops out of the tank and spoke.

"We forgot the most crucial part, I didn't said it at the time because I was looking forward to what grounds we'll use. But since we'll mostly fight in an urban environment I asked Rose here to give us a quick paintjob that doesn't need drying." She explains hoping out of the tank.

Looking at us with our uniform,-the ones we custom ordered from our shopping trip. Certainly keeps adding to my excitement.

"It's only good till we get shot or get wet. The Camo will hold. But when it's gone, the desert camo will stand out." Rose explained as she finished. "Hop on! Let's get this show on the road!"

"We're not sponsored!" Hatsuki-nee yells out.

We laughed it off and immediately got our tank running. Our destination was Mito near Oorai, the Battle would be focused on the City hence our camo was made to blend in but since it's chalky texture is disorienting it was best not to rely on it much.

Either way heading there in a Tank was fun! While we were the slowest the feeling of being in a 40 ton steel monster was the best!

Reaching our destination we saw the unloading of two school's tanks. Bellwall arrived like ours driving in the main road, because of utilising German Heavy Tanks they have to recheck the suspension for damages, however the same couldn't be said to Frostbite University.

Pattons, Pershings, Bulldogs, and an M103 unloaded from multiple Tank Carriers. They were an American themed University with a specialty for Winter Warfare.

"The M103 would be the hardest tank to destroy. Our gun is 84mm's which is a 20 Pounder, I think they'll be supported mainly by Pattons. The Bulldogs will probably be a separate force for Lightning quick Attacks." Ashurii murmured to herself.

Being by her side, Kaori raises a question. "So is there any problems?" She wanted to add 'For our Ace?' but she stopped herself knowing Ashurii's mood will turn foul.