Chapter 5: Against all Odds

"why's she taking tankery now...?"

A frown appeared by a woman's brow as she took another depressing sip from her Black Tea.

Mito, Ibaraki, Japan. Was the Area where the test footage for the upcoming highschool senshado winter cup was taking place and the match was being broadcasted as per tradition and the customs of the Senshadou guidelines to the local citizens.

In particular in this lively part of the Neutral Zone where families and friends gather to watch the battle a familiar figure for a certain someone was watching the entire match.

She was in a western cafe and was merely passing by when she noticed the name of the participants on the board as the battle continued.

With a tensed sigh after watching the defeat of the rest of the high school team, she looked alternatively at her car parked just outside to the TV wondering in deep thought.

"Rose. I thought you wanted to surpass me."

She sighed dejected as the scene changed to the Centurion where her friend was operating.

In her utter surprise she witnessed her friend's driving skill improve as a rare sign of confidence radiates from the Centurion's precise breaking and movement showed itself.

"Ha ha.... I think, I get it." She says to herself.

Drinking the last big of tea by her cup a smile of understanding formed by her lips. "I would never forget that day Rose... You should move on from your trauma so that you become the unreachable star in my world again."

Some people looked at her weirdly speaking out loud to nobody but she didn't care and watches with greater interest not realizing the entire reason why she was there in the first place was to stop by for a break and continue to an oncoming racing event that will happen tonight.

_________
""""""""""

Back to the present.

"Aim for the Barrel! Fire when ready!"

Following the order To the letter, Kaori fired.

The shell launched from the barrel spun to the rifled 20 Pounder gun of the Centurion MK.III.

However, the Commander of the M103 foresaw this ahead of time and quickly and calmly issued for the tank to make a slightly rushed left turn. That lead to the Heavy Tank ramming to the knocked out Patton. But also lead to the 84mm APCR deflected by the M103's caste cheeks.

"Damn! Driver rapid turn! We're retreating. Loader load Smoke, Gunner Fire when ready."

The Centurion's Stabilizer did it's magic as the Turret and Gun stayed in place while the entire hull turned it's rear to the enemy.

As the shell loads the Centurion was quick to open fire even before the M103 fixed it's sight on their Tank. As the shell flew it hit's the front lowerplate of the vehicle with no penetrations due to a dozer blade taking the hit.

The Smoke was quick to spread out and just as it landed had already covered the sights of the M103.

The M103 managed to return fire but easily missed as the Smoke was blocking the Gunner's Sight.

Calmly the Centurion retreated even before the M103 could understand their predicament.

"Bellwall Gals. What's cooking?" Popping out of the hatch, Ash looked back and pulled out her tactical map on a tablet.

//"We encountered the Bulldogs! We're holding out on a garage, we're surrounded on both sides we need help asap."

The words of Emi spoken in a disheveled and tired tone was clear for even Ash. This was, after all a fight against a College team. No High School Team could defeat those who were reaching the status of Pro no matter the skills and experience of the High Schooler as those were doubled for the Academy League itself.