WOKE

Above Earth and below Heaven is Wisdoma's world of Cherubim's, known as cherub's; in this world is the cherubs Supreme Teacher Spikehead; this story is about his learning about Woke America. 

      Supreme Teacher was looking through his Webster's Dictionary when he found the meaning of the word 'WOKE.' The word is an adjective , "aware of ," and is actively attentive to facts and issues. It's also defined as U.S. slang. It originated in African-American Vernacular English, meaning "Alert to racial prejudice and description. 

    "HUM, interesting, " says Spikehead out loud.

    Reading further, The Teacher highlights Woke as "I was sleeping, but now I'm Woke."

    Walking his robes rustled as he hurried to find Head Mistress Wisdoma to discusses this new word (to him). Finding her in the garden, with her head bend in prayer, he turned to leave, but she stood when she heard him and invited Teacher to sit with her. He explained he was looking for the meaning of the word 'Woke'.  Wisdoma said it's an American word and seeped deep into the history of Jim Crow America.

    Spikehead says, "White political liberals and conservatives are using the word."

    Nodding her head, Wisdoms says, "In the Library of Congress, American Folk music in the South refers to a woke song by an American Blues singer named Huddle William Ledbetter, also known as Lead Belly. Lead Belly sang the song "The Scottsboro Boys" about the nine African American young men falsely accused of raping two white women in Alabama. He admonished listeners to "Best stay Woke."                                                                                                                                              It's believed to be the first recorded instance of the word. Woke was used back then as a racist wake-up call to evil white bigotry . Wisdoma comments, "Woke up, pay attention."                   Looking at Supreme Teacher, she says, let's play a word game and see all the ways we can use the word 'Woke.'

Spikehead says, "I'll start;"                                                                                                                                                    "To those who throw the first stone on Welfare...what do you do when a family with a child needs a roof over their head, food in their body, medical for their ailments?  Jesus was very adamant about taking care of people experiencing poverty.                                                                  Woke-up and help parents find decent -paying jobs, child care, and affordable housing. It will make them independent and not burden your soul or pocketbook. 

Head Mistress says; what's in a name?                                                                                                                   Fort Bragg vs Liberty?                                                                                                                                                        I'm glad to see they changed the name. Braxton Bragg, fought with the Confederacy against the United States of America.  Liberty stands for free, Liberty enlightening the world.  Liberty Bell rang to announce the Independence of the United States from Britain .                                                      Some say Fort Bragg is a Heritage worth saving.                                                                                          Woke-up Liberty is a good name, it stands for free.

    The Teacher, pacing, hands clasped behind his back, says;                                                                         " A Christian politician referring to his reasoning for shipping migrants to another state says he has no sympathy for 'Sanctuary States.'  This politician calls himself a Christian. The Teacher also said, 'When they have to deal with some of the fruits of that, they suddenly become very upset about it."  But says Spikehead I understand the states had no fair warning to prepare for the migrants. All states must work together on this issue.                                                                                 Woke-up! Guess who is upset about the way you are handling God's poor?