A Life for a Life

"Do not repay evil for evil or insult for insult,
but give a blessing instead—
it is for this reason you were called,
so that you might inherit a blessing."

1 Peter 3:9

This story was born out of both strife and

This story was born out of both strife and... well... more strife. Just in the form of a college class.

My Creative Writing course was not what I was expecting. At all. Unfortunately, it is not fun. There is no skill building. There are no "imagination" exercises. So, when the "short story" assignment came up... I had no idea what to do. No plot. No inkling of the world.

But then the Israel-Hamas war started.

For those of you who know me, I'm a messianic Jew / Torah-observant Christian. Since Israel is important to the Lord (and He doesn't go back on His promises, including those made to Israel), Israel is important to me.

All the slaughter, the brutal rape (that broke pelvic bones), the torture done to innocent Israelis (done to 80% of the murdered)... it hit me hard.

And so... I had my inspiration for A Life for a Life.

While this inspiration is only evident during the first part, concepts from the Bible are seen throughout the story. You don't need to know these to enjoy the story, but keep an eye out for them for some added fun.

This story is a quick read, just shy of 6,000 words, and will be divided into 6 parts.

"From the mouths of babies and infants at the breast you established strength because of your foes,

in order that you might silence
the enemy and the avenger."

Psalm 8:3