A Thank You and a Little Behind-the-Scenes

As the title says, thank you so much for reading! 

I thoroughly enjoyed creating a little bit of Neir and Daerish's world, and I loved creating the deeper story they are a part of. I hope you enjoyed reading it as well!

So some behind-the-scenes knowledge...

(and some really, really cool facts near the end)

1• As you know from the introduction, "Uproar" was inspired by the October 7th terror attack against Israel. 

2• Again, as you know from the introduction, the short story alludes to the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob throughout. Could you see any of the connections?

3• The addition of the "chapter" titles was an entirely last-minute concoction. At first, they were "part one, part two, etc" and then they were going to be titled simply with words or phrases from the chapter. Then it occurred to me that they should have a biblically based/inspired title. 

‣ "Uproar": I struggled with this one but was led by the Spirit to search Psalm 83, which is about the nations conspiring against Israel. Which is what happened in the 1973 Yom Kippur War and what seems to be happening now. In the psalm, many nations join together to wipe out Israel, but the psalmist pleads with God to defeat the enemy. The psalmist asks that they be put to shame so they may seek God. He asks that the enemy realize who the Lord is—He is the God over all the earth. When I read it, I interpret this prayer as something the Lord WILL do as it is fitting and consistent with His character.

‣"Uproar": The word "uproar" came from Psalm 83:2-4— "God, do not keep silent. Do not hold Your peace, O God. Do not be still. For look, Your enemies make an uproar. Those who hate You lift up their head. They make a shrewd plot against Your people, conspiring against Your treasured ones."

‣"Father": While this is fitting for the part, as Neir is given a vision of his father, it is also alluding to who gave Neir the vision. The Father, our Creator, gave him to prophecy. Also, it is fitting that a chapter named "Father" followed "Uproar" as God is with us even in the most tumultuous of times. He is in control.

‣"River": While this alludes to what inspired Neir to make a trade for his father's salvation (the Aer River), it also hints at the River of Life in Revelation 22:1-2 and John 7:38. True salvation comes forth from Yeshua/Jesus, out of which comes "rivers of living water." With this living water, we are continually filled with life. That means we will always be provided with enough grace, peace, and provision. While Neir has good intentions, nothing we can do or give away can be a good enough trade for our salvation. The perfect "trade" was given by Yeshua; the Holy One and Son of God. His life for our salvation and, with that, rivers of living water that contain so much more. There is much, much, much more to all the mentions of the word "river" in the Bible, but this will do for now.

‣"Ruishë": This title fits the part well, as it was about Neir's precious pet.  I considered naming the part "lamb" to allude to a sacrificial lamb, but it seemed off as the true Sacrificial Lamb is Yeshua. I didn't want to compare Him to a rat, even a precious rat. Then it occurred to me that naming the chapter something that doesn't fit into the biblical theme was perfect as it showed what was mentioned before; nothing we can give up will earn us eternal life. Yeshua gave us eternal life, all we have to do is follow Him. While following Him does require us to give up a sinful life, including certain people and things, these actions don't grant us salvation. Think of it like a relationship. If your spouse or parent asked you to do something out of love (like acknowledging them in the morning or taking your shoes off at the door), you'd do it, right? You aren't earning their love with these things, you're merely showing that you love them.