Chapter 15: Eliza's POV

Chapter 15: Eliza

"Hey, are you okay? You haven't answered my calls or texts," I said to Elliot. It was Monday morning and Elliot hasn't spoken to me since Friday.

"I'm so sorry, Eliza. I really am. I just- I just needed time to think and let everything sink in."

"God forbid they come after you again, but if they do, please do me a favor and tell someone. Please," I begged. Elliot looked up from the Biology worksheet we were working on in class. Seeing the look on my face, his emotionless face suddenly displayed sadness. He instantly promises me.

"How're things with Elisa?" he asks, genuinely concerned.

I thought back to this weekend; nothing eventful had happened. "It's funny. In public, she will do everything in her power to humiliate me, but the second that we're alone, I don't even exist anymore. And if she does acknowledge me, I feel so low, like shit." In my head, there are so many more thoughts, darker thoughts, but I was careful to not share them. They all revolved around the idea of rejection. I didn't trust anyone that much to share my personal thoughts with, except for Lucy. I trusted Lucy more than anyone. Maybe it was because we weren't face-to-face, so it was easier to talk to her and trust her. It was easier to let her in.

Elliot gave me a look of sympathy. "At least this fall, you'll get away from her. She'll be across the country at UCLA and you'll be at NYU. It'll be a brand new start."

"And you'll be going back home..." Elliot solemnly looked at me, apologizing yet once again. "It's okay, I understand. You'll have to face your parents eventually. I'm proud of you for that. You have the courage to face them."

He gave me a small smile. "We graduate in two days. How are we that close already?"

I sighed in frustration. "I can't believe that it's right there! And, Elisa's even throwing a party tonight, so guess who's locking herself in her room?"

"Your parents aren't home?"

I shook my head. "They're flying in the morning of graduation. I can bet you that they'll show up, hand us both checks, and be on their way."

"You'll be fine," Elliot promises.

>>>.<<<

I cringed as the loud pulsing of the music shook the floor beneath my feet. Elisa's party was in full swing. Already, I could feel my head pounding and it has only been half an hour since people have started arriving. Knowing Elisa, this party would not be ending until the late hours of the night. I continued typing my message to Lucy, trying to distract myself.

@lxnelygirl: You have no idea how bad it is. I can't believe I live here!

@lovelylucy: You poor thing :( Why don't you just leave?

@lxnelygirl: Where would I go? But just distract me, please.

@lovelylucy: I told you about the thing with Flynn and I at our old school, right?

@lxnelygirl: Yes! How are things between you two? ;)

@lovelylucy: Well, he's actually talking to me now and not pushing me away. I'm really happy about that!

Laughter boomed outside my bedroom door. I paused, listening intently. From my bed, I strained my eyes to look at my doorknob. I had locked my door, right? I pushed my laptop to the side and stood, making my way to the door. Seconds later, my door was pushed open. I jumped back in shock. Landon Richards stared at me, wide smirk present on his face. I gulped, swallowing back the words I so desperately wanted to scream. "Y-You shouldn't be here. P-Please leave," I stuttered, my voice shaking. I could evidently smell the alcohol off of him that intoxicated the room. It overwhelmed me. Landon slammed the door behind himself, as I cursed myself for not locking it earlier. He cautiously and slowly took steps towards me. Each step he took forward, I took one backwards. Seconds later, my back hit the wall. His sinister smile grew as he took his last few drunken steps towards me, removing all distance between us. My head slammed back against the wall, throbbing in pain. Landon's hands came up, placing one on either side of my head. He laughed hysterically, as I tightened my hands into fists at my side. The cloud of alcohol swallowed me as he forced himself to inch closer and closer. I held a cry back as he pressed his whole against my own roughly. I screwed my eyes shut, breathing heavily. I pushed with all my strength, but there was only so much a 110 pound girl could do against a 200 pound teenage boy who was a whole foot taller than her. His lips met my neck as his hands slid under my top. I screamed as his clammy hands came in contact with my bare skin. Landon jumped back, anger and fury evident in his eyes. He slapped his hand across my face and slammed it over my mouth, muffling my cries for help. Even though my cries were covered by the loud thumping of the music, I continued. As he realized that now he had the upper hand, he groped my chest harshly. The salty sweat off his hand over my mouth seeped into my mouth making me internally gag. I chomped down violently, teeth closing around his skin.

He screamed, jumping back. "Ahhh! You little bitch!" I pushed him away in his moment of weakness. "I can't believe I let Elisa pay me to do this! You're not even worth it!" I silently watched him, my chest expanding as I inhaled and exhaled deeply. Landon stomped out of my room, knocking himself into my door roughly. He slammed the door behind him, yelling curses which grew softer and softer.

I locked my door before sinking into my bed. I wrapped my arms around my large teddy bear as I reached under my pillow for my phone. I dialed his number and brought the phone up to my ear. Seconds later, I got an answer. "Elliot?" I choked, willing myself not to cry. "Can you pick me up?"

"I'll see you in ten minutes," he responds. I dropped my phone onto my bed and laid my head back, tears silently trickling down my face. Minutes later, I heard the familiar rumble coming down the street. I pulled myself up and made my way towards my window, sniffling. My window easily popped open, giving me way to climb down the emergency ladder. Making sure my window was wide open, I climbed down and dropped to the ground. Running, I made my way down the hill in front of my house and I found myself becoming closer and closer to the source of the rumble. The cool, night air chilled my face. The tears froze to my face. When I reached the bike, Elliot was standing next to it with his arms crossed. Without a word being said, he opened his arms widely. I fell into them, sobs escaping my mouth. Elliot held me tightly, allowing me to cry. "Let's take a ride," he suggests. He takes his spare helmet and places it on my head, brushing my hair out of my face. Elliot climbs onto his bike and I climb on behind him. I hold onto him tightly as he speeds away. The wind rushes past him, whipping my hair around. It gently slaps me in the face, vaguely reminding me of Landon's slap. My cheek burned as I recalled the moment. The loud rumbling of the motorcycle barely allowed me to hear my own thoughts, but behind the sound of the wind and the rumble, I could barely make out Elliot's words. "You'll be fine, I promise."